𝐎𝐍𝐄.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

❝𝐙𝐄𝐌𝐎! 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊!

The black Bombay cat seemed uncaring, or at least oblivious to its owner's distressed calls finding the potent aroma of the yakitori bar at the start of the block much more interesting.

"Zemo!" The young woman cried out into the alley wincing slightly as her rickety screen door smacked against her back. She had forgotten had late it was since she was too busy watching the news report detailing the fight between All Might and that terrifying villain; he had hollow contours where his eyes were meant to be and a hulking figure hidden beneath a black suit. It all felt otherworldly to her — like the fight between heroes and villains was an event occurring in another dimension, not just a few cities over.

Consequently, she was so engrossed by the battle that she had forgotten to let Zemo out at his usual toilet-time who was not at all happy about the fact that he had to wait. Hence why he had darted off into the dead of night with no indication of him coming back anytime soon.

Dressed in only her nightgown, Y/N stepped out from the warmth of the foyer of her apartment complex to be met with the icy chill of the evening sticking to the skin of her bare thighs and arms. Seriously? Was this cat really gonna make her walk out of the comfort of indoors to go fetch him?

"C'mon kitty! Don't make me come get you!" She whined, clutching her arms to keep warm, "I wanna go to bed Zemo!"

She was once again met with silence. Obviously, Zemo had decided that if he was gonna come back he wasn't going to come willingly.

"God damn it..." Y/N whisper-shouted to herself as she stepped out into the alley. The asphalt was wet with dew underneath her slippers, making her cringe in disgust. These were her favourite pair and now they were all dirty.

She made a beeline to the entrance of the alley where the back of the yakitori bar was surrounded by skip bins overfilled with bulging black rubbish bags. All the food scraps would no doubt attract her troublesome cat.

Surprisingly enough, the workers of the yakitori bar who were usually loitering outside on their cigarette breaks at this time of night were nowhere to be seen. Maybe they had decided to close up early for the night? But why were the lights still on? And as far as she could smell, the griller was still cooking also.

"Ze-mo?" She cooed, bending down to look behind one of the metal bins for any sign of black fur. The longer she wandered around she noticed that the smell of charred meat became overwhelming; it was so bad that she ended up gagging at least three times before she gave up her search. She assumed the workers must've accidentally burnt a couple of skewers or something.

"Alright Zemo! You win!" Y/N cried into the night, throwing her hands up in exasperation, "I'll leave my window open for you to climb in when you're ready to come home!"

As the screen door of the foyer slammed shut the alley was once again enclosed with its usual silence. Muffledly, the black cat meowed in distress trying to escape the grasp of the scarred palm covering its muzzle but his captor's hold remained firm.

"Damn, that was a close one," Dabi muttered. His apathetic gaze was fixed upon the three smouldering piles of ash and splinters of bone that laid before him. It was their fault, really. If they had just minded their god damn business then they would've been locking up for the night, going back to the comfort of their homes oblivious to the fact that they had passed a national terrorist on their daily cigarette break. But no, they had to be the hero! He blamed All Might for infecting everyone with a saviour complex — even weaklings like those restaurant workers. The three had recognised him from the TV and kicked up a fuss, so he had to silence them.

All he wanted was some medical supplies, having a serious wound to the back of his head and his ribs were killing him. In fact, he was about to raid the restaurant for their first aid kit before a certain black cat and its owner decided to interrupt him.

"Zemo, huh?" Dabi muttered in amusement as he leant back against the cool metal of the skip bin, "Do you think your little owner would mind if you brought a guest home?"

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

[10/7/2021]

A/N: Here is the first chapter of Closer! This fanfic takes place just after the Hideout Raid Arc but Dabi is on the run in this fic, rather than escaping with All For One. I hope you like this chapter!