"Would you like some treats?" He asked as he pointed to a sweets stand. "Sure!" She said excitedly, the pit in her stomach still there, hating to see her father worry for her in such a way.

Soon Y/n for the next few weeks Y/n would spend her time trying to learn of demons. Word of Tomioka running away from his relative reaches their village.

"Dads gonna get so mad at me if he found out I went on here, especially alone" Y/n muttered to herself, looking around at the incredibly large trees that surrounded her.

Venturing the forest, hoping she'd find Tomioka. After discovering from a map that the other end of the forest leads to the village Tomioka was in before running away.

She peering out the forest to see that the sun was nearly set, going so late so she could sneak out without her father knowing.

'I should head home soon,' she thought as the forest would soon entirely grow dark.

"Tomioka-kun" she whispered aloud, not wanting to yell as she was too afraid to attract a wild animal or of the rumours were true a demon.

The sound of a twig snapping filled her ears. Fear rose in her, the fear growing more and more as she was awaiting and hoping for a small animal like a bunny to run from the sound.

She let out a gulp as she decided it was time to head home.
As she walked through the forest towards her home she couldn't break the feeling of being followed.

She didn't know if it was the snap of the twig that scared her half to death but she surely felt as if she was being watched.

Stalked.

She continuously shot quick glances behind her and watched her peripherals, the comfort she felt when she would see nothing couldn't match the fear she felt at the thought of if she saw something or someone.

Behind her another twin snapped.

It was that moment without thinking she ran as she saw the end of the forest and the sunlight that is in front of it.

Tears began to form in the corner of her eyes as she ran, hoping she could reach the sunlight that felt like an eternity away.

She crashed onto the ground, feeling the warm sunlight on her skin before she turned her head back and looked into the dark and dimly lit forest.

The sounds of twigs snapping descended.

She pulled herself away from the forest, feeling sure she wasn't alone now.

"Y/n!" F/n's yelled in a panicked tone, "Were you in those trees?!" He yelled. Y/n watched as her father ran to her worriedly.

Upon arriving to her, he saw the fearful expression she wore, "are you okay? Did you see anything?" He asked worriedly as he picked her up.

"You know you are not to go into those forests, do you understand how dangerous that is? You don't know how dangerous that is!" He lectured.

His voice slowly began to echo out of his ears as she stared into the trees over his shoulder. She felt numb as she stared at the dark figure that stood in the trees.