Chapter 1

5 Years Later...

Sometimes Things Happen For A Reason. Good Things Happen When You're On The Right Path, But Bad Things Happen When You Least Expect It. So Far....I Was On The Right Path And I Planned On Staying There. It Was A Hot Saturday Afternoon, And My Mom Was Having A Small Cookout. She Had Been Very Depressed The Last 5 Years, But Today She Seemed Oddly Happy.

"Is Your Momma Fucking Somebody Else?" Kenya Said. I Cracked Up Laughing.

 I Cracked Up Laughing

Kenya

"Oh My God I Hope Not! But You Know She's Happy Since They Guys Are Coming Home Tomorrow." I Said.

"Yeah That May Be It, But Shit....Somebody Could've Gave Her The Business." Kenya Said.

"It Would Seem That Way." I Said. We Glanced Over At My Mom Who Was Dancing And Having The Time Of Her Life.

Mom

Mom

"Umm...Earth To Mom!" I Said. She Stopped Dancing And Looked Over At Me And Kenya.

"What?" She Said.

"What Has Gotten Into You?" I Asked.

"My Husband And Son Are Coming Home Tomorrow! I Can't Contain My Joy!" She Said. We Laughed As We Watched Her Dance Around The Kitchen. I Shook My Head. My Mom Is So Embarrassing, But It Makes Me Happy To See Her Happy. It Has Definitely Been A Long Time Coming And Now The Wait Was Over. Our Men Were Coming Home.

"Mommy!" I Heard Aubree Say. I Looked Up And Saw My Now Five Year Old Daughter Wiping Her Sleepy Eyes, And Walking Towards Me.

Aubree ❤

"Hey Baby Girl. You Sleep Good?" I Asked. She Nodded As I Picked Her Up. These Last Five Years Have Been Nothing, But Pure Happiness. Even Though Corey Had Been In Jail, Aubree Filled That Empty Void In My Life.

"I Have Good News Baby. Your Daddy Comes Home Tomorrow." I Said. She Just Looked At Me And Blinked. Aubree Has Only Met Corey At Least Three Times.

"Where Daddy Been?" She Asked.

"He's Been In Jail." I Said.

"What's That?" She Asked.

"It's A Place You're Sent To When You Do Bad Things." I Said.

"Is Daddy Bad?" She Asked.

"Oh No Baby. Your Daddy Is Good. He Just Did Something Bad." I Said. She Was Driving Me Crazy With All Her Questions, But That Is My Child. So Eager For Information.

After We Ate, I Helped My Mom Put Away The Leftovers And Clean The Kitchen While Kenya Read Aubree A Story.

"Are You Happy Corey's Coming Home Tomorrow?" My Mom Asked Me.

"Yeah." I Said.

"You Know You Could Never Lie To Me." She Said. I Sighed And Sat Down.

"I'm Really Happy And All, But...I Haven't Spoken To Corey In Almost A Year. I Just Feel Like Tomorrow Is Gonna Be Awkward." I Said.

"I Understand. Just Don't Think About It Until Tomorrow. You And Aubree Go Home And Get Some Rest." She Said. I Nodded As I Got Up To Leave.

"Thanks Mom. I'll See You Tomorrow." I Said As I Got Up To Leave. I Guess We'll See What Happens Tomorrow.