[21] To be honest

"Come on

"Come on...just like the other day, we were coming back home from school and you glared at him because he hugged Julie weirdly"

Four Days Later

Sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 15, 2021

Tʜᴜʀsᴅᴀʏᴛᴇʀɴᴏᴏɴ

•Nɪᴀ's Pᴏᴠ•

"Hey Nia" Booker said. "Hey B" i said staring at my phone. "What are you doing" booker asked. "I'm waiting on Julie's text" I said. "Hmm, you have fun with that while I got play the game" booker said.

"Yeah yeah whatever" I said. I heard my mom come into the apartment."Hey mom" I said as looked at my phone. "Hey baby how was your day"mom asked. "Worse than Booker's" I said with scoff.

"What happened" Mom asked as I hear her open the kitchen door. "It's kind of what didn't happen" I said with my eyes practically glued to the phone. I couldn't my eyes off of it. My mom came up to me and snatch my phone out of my hands. "HEY" I snapped.

My mom gave me a look. "I-I mean HEY, hey did I tell you looked beautiful this morning" I said nervously. "Mmhm" mom said. She hook her and asked "why are your eyes so attached to this phone, and tell me what happened to today". "I'm waiting on Julie's text, because she said and I quote 'I'll text you later' and she hasn't text me" I said.

Mom chuckled."That's why" mom said as I nod. "So can I have my phone back" I asked. "No not until we're done talking" mom said. "Great" I said sarcastically.

"To be honest mom, I really don't want to talk about it" I said as I got up from the couch as she hands me my phone. "It will help" mom said. "I'm good mom" I said going to my room. I sighed and plopped on my bed. I decided to texted Tess.

Nia🤓 & Noodles🍜

Nia🤓
Hey Tess

Noodles🍜
Hey Nia

Nia🤓
Can I come over

Noodles🍜
Yeah definitely

I told my mom I was going to Tess for a while. After that I went over to Tess apartment. "Hey" I said with a slight smile. She leaned on her door frame. "What's up" Tess said looking concerned.

"It's about Julie...kind of" I said. "Come in" Tess said. I walked in and we went in her room.

 I walked in and we went in her room

^Tess's room^

I plopped down on her bed. She chuckled. "What's up with you and Julie" Tess asked as she sits on her bed beside me. "I don't know" I said as I shrugged. "I mean we were good and then all of sudden she just stop...stop, calling, texting, hanging around at and after school" I explained. "I know that we're taking it slow and everything but this feels different" I said. "Different how" Tess asked.

"I don't know something just feels off" I said. "Like she said she was going to text me later for the pass two day but never has, she hasn't been talking to me at school, class or in the halls" I said. "Honestly it's kind of frustrating and not the good kind of frustrating" I said holding my hand to my head. "I can tell" Tess said. "I mean I'm not even in a relationship right now and It feels like I am" Tess said causing me to smile.

She smiled back. "I think it's the boys" I said out of no where. "What" Tess asked confused. "It's one of the boys from her band" I said finally getting the idea of what was going on with Julie. "So you think it's one of the boys from Julie's band that has her acting like this" Tess asked.

I nod. "It could be Luke" I said. Tess gave me a look that said 'seriously' written all over it. "What" I asked. "You're only saying that it's Luke because you don't like him" Tess said.

My mouth dropped sarcastically. "Why would you think that" I said in a high pitch voice. "Come on..just like the other day, we were coming back home from school and you glared at him because he hugged Julie weirdly" Tess said. "What he was" I said picking up my phone. "I think you're jealous" Tess said.

I sighed. "Just a little" I said. Tess laughs. "Look Ni, if you feel something sort of way about this you should talk to Julie about it or flynn at the least" Tess said. "Yeah maybe....but not right now" I said.

"okay" Tess said. I got a text from my mom saying that I needed to come home. "Tess I'll talk to you later okay, I gotta head home" I said as I got out of the bed. "Okay" Tess said as she gets up too. "I'll walk you out" Tess said. We walked out of her apartment.

Tess hugged me. "Later bestie" Tess said as she walked away. "Later" I said as I walked into the house.

Author's Note: How many times have you seen Julie's name in this chapter???