CHAPTER 8: HOME AGAIN

Hortense was soon home with the egg. Blaire was excited to have her parents home again. Hortense still needed to be on strict bed rest until the stitches came out. She relaxed on the couch and put her feet up when she got home with Quackmore and the egg. She struggled a little to get onto the couch. Quackmore held the egg until she was situated on the couch with a blanket over her. Blaire sat on the floor not too far away from her parents who had just come home.

"Mommy, you're home," Blaire said. "Yes, I am," Hortense said. Quackmore took the egg from Hortense. "Go sit on the couch, Hortense, I'll bring the egg over to you in a minute," he said. Hortense sat down on the couch and put her feet up. "Mommy, hold me," Blaire said. "Blaire, you're too big for me to hold right now, but you can sit next to me though," Hortense said. Blaire started to cry and had a temper tantrum. "She probably needs a nap," Matilda said. "Alright, I'll take her upstairs for a nap," Quackmore said. He picked Blaire up and took her upstairs for a nap. It wasn't easy to put her down for a nap. She kept refusing to lay down and go to sleep. He knew that he had to go sit down with her to get her to fall asleep for her nap.

"Come on princess, you need to take a nap," he said. "No," she said, sitting up in the crib. She soon started to yawn. "You're tired," she said. "No, I'm not tired," she said and yawned. "Yes, you are," he said. He laid her down and tucked her in under her blanket. She sat up again. He picked her up and sat down with her in the rocking chair. She held her favorite teddy bear in her arms as she started to nod off to sleep. Once he was sure that she was asleep in his arms, he carefully stood up and placed her in the crib. He tucked her in under her pink and purple blankets that were in her crib. He quietly left the room and went back downstairs to the two other adults.

"Is she asleep?" Hortense asked him when he came back downstairs and into the living room. "She's asleep in her crib where she should be," he said. "Good," Hortense said. "I can't believe that you two are about to have another little duckling," Matilda said. "I know, we can't believe it either," Quackmore said. "I never thought that we would have any children," Hortense said. "I know and now we're having another little one," Quackmore said. "I know," she said.