→ Newt- Uncalled Attack ←

Start from the beginning

"All was well, no issue, whatsoever." I shrugged as we continued walking. "Until a griever showed up." Something on my tongue suddenly tasted bitter when I reach that one part of my memory. I looked at him with grief, "You can figure the rest out on your own." I finished.

I could tell that Thomas was speechless. He only kept walking with his head down, watching his step. "All right, Thomas, Tom, Tommy, Tommo, whatever you wanna be called," I sighed, breaking the silence, "just a couple more blocks and we'll be there soon."

"How do I become one?" He interjected.

"Become what?"

A single reply wasn't heard. I was about to ask again while I turn to him. Until I heard someone breathing heavily and growling heavily.

The sound of it was all too familiar to my ears.

When I turned back around, I saw Ben from afar. He was still in his running gear and he was experiencing heavy perspiration. It was clear that my thoughts were right.

Ben was stung.

Slowly, I guided the greenie to back up while Ben was still standing and fuming. I could tell that he was aiming for Thomas when his trembling head turned to him. "Thomas," I repeated quietly, "Thomas,"

"Yeah?" The both of us kept an eye out for him. But, I was more aware of what was happening to him than Thomas.

"I need you to get back in the Glade and go get help." I instructed him urgently.

"Wha--"

"Just go, damn it!"

Third Person POV

Right when Y/N snapped at him, Ben launched himself with speed. "Shit! Run!" The girl pushed him to rush out of the woods with her after she picked up the small shovel that was inside the bucket they were holding.

Ben was already hot on their heels. It made Thomas slow down when he started looking from behind, making sure Y/N was following. "Don't you shucking look back, just keep running-- AH!" Y/N wasn't able to keep up as soon as she tripped on a root.

"Y/N!" Thomas shouted, only to be pinned down by Ben.

"It's your fault!" Ben spat out to the brunette beneath him. "You did this!" He sobbed out of spite as he heaved for oxygen.

Thomas was beginning to feel pain when Ben tightened his grip on his wrist. He was sure he was hearing his wrists getting fractured. It was excruciating that he couldn't help but scream.

As he did, he heard a metal thump on Ben's head, prying him off of Thomas, revealing Y/N towering over him with a small shovel in her hand. She didn't have the time to explain as she pulled Thomas up and continued sprinting out of the woods.

When they could see the light of day once again, still being chased by Ben, who now has an increased endurance, they started shouting.

"Help!"

"Newt! Alby!"

Their voices echoed through out the whole Field. Newt immediately picked up his head when he heard Y/N calling for him. Before he knew it, Y/N was being pinned down by Ben.

"You think you could get away from me?! Huh?!" Ben's venomous snarl was followed by his hand wrapping around Y/N's throat, trying to suffocate her. "You got anything to do with this? Are you a spy for these shucking Creators?!"

Y/N didn't know what he was talking about. She was just as mad as him with the so-called Creators. It was obvious that he was stuck in paranoia.

Soon, she was seeing black spots. She couldn't breathe to the point that it was hard to even croak a word.