chapter 1

" Hazel, please do it for me"
Those were the last words i heard my sister say before she passed on to a better place on the hospital bed. Arin, she was an amazing sweet little girl. She had all off mom's genes- from her short figure to her long brunette hair and hazel eyes. she was only 14 when our family found out she had stage 2 lung cancer. Our family paid for all the treatments we could but nothing worked, and before we knew it, one year passed and she was gone.
I remember when she first found out that I had been harming myself. Back then she was 11 and I was 15 my father had lost his job,  our mom was working 2 jobs, barely getting any rest. Both our parents were stressed, not only for themselves but for their 2 daughters too, making us work was the last thing they wanted to do to us. Me being the oldest daughter had to take responsibility for a lot more things, like picking my sister up from school, cooking, cleaning and assisting my sister in her studies. All these extra things added to my responsibilities, i'll admit i wasn't exactly doing that well in my school work either. " i'll find a way to cope" that's what i always told myself. " at least i'm helping my family". the two most frequent thing i told myself back then.

omg this is such a shitty paragraph, lol i actually had a whole story plot for this book and then i lost it 🥰  anyways thx for reading ( i'll prob update this once a week)