21. Jun-Kyu

We reached Los Angeles, America. We were very far away from home. As we checked in, I glanced over at Hyun-Suk. I wasn't sure why he was sulking. We were all paired up and went to unpack.

"Hyun-Suk, Can you pass me my brush over there?" He doesn't answer nor does he hand me the brush "What's wrong?" I finally asked him.

"I don't want to talk about it"

"Why?"

"Leave me alone. It's none of your business"

"Tell me what is wrong?" He doesn't answer "Did you fight with Y/N?"

"We broke up" He yells. His eyes shedding many tears. "You happy now?"

"..." All I did was stare at him. His current state worried me.

"You loved her so now is your chance to have her" Hyun-Suk walks until he stops in front of me.

"But she doesn't love me..."

"She loves you" He pushes me with his pointer finger. His expression, transparent. He disliked me for being the one she loves. Or even more so, hate. He sighs heavily and goes back to his bed.

I head out and sit on the sidewalk as I slide through my phone

I wondered if what he said was or is true.

-

A few months later...

"Oww" I rub my head as I get up to see who threw the pillow at me "Asahi" I raised my voice. He just laughs and walks out the door. Then a few seconds later he comes back.

"Oh yeah. Get ready our concert is soon" He says moving the hair out of his face.

"Asahi. Quit being annoying. You haven't even changed yourself" Ji-Hoon grabs Asahi by his shirt and pulls him out of the room.

"Save me" I hear Asahi's voice echoing in the hall. I giggle. I head straight to the shower to get ready.

 I head straight to the shower to get ready

After the concert, we were all tired

After the concert, we were all tired. I guess you want to ask how Hyun-Suk and I's friendship is? We talk here and there. But those past scars of our shared first love stay put. Sometimes I wonder, no...not sometimes...I always wonder how she is doing. Is she's eating well? If she's keeping herself healthy?...or if she thinks about me too...

-

1 year and a half later

"Ye-Dam stop singing" Jeong-Woo comes to the living room half-asleep.

"You are just mad he sings better than you," Hyun-Suk says. We all laugh.

"Hyun-Suk, don't hurt his young heart" I bump his shoulder. Hyun-Suk bumps my shoulder and laughs more.

"What are friends for?" He says. Jeong-Woo rubs his eyes and goes back to his room.

"You all know we have to back right?" Yoshi and Jae-Hyuk say with their luggage in their hands.

"We still have time" Haruto barges in with his toothbrush in his mouth.

"Everyone, the flight is at 3 p.m." Jung-Hwan yells throwing himself on the couch. We all throw pillows at him.

That night, we finished singing songs and went back to our room to pack.

"Hyung"

"Hmm?" Hyun-Suk said folding shirts and putting them in his suitcase.

"Are we okay?" He stops what he is doing and turns around. He opens his arms wide and gives me a man-hug.

"Yeah" He pats my back "We are okay" I hear sobs from Hyun-Suk. I still knew his heart was broken. Not only his but mine. Tears of joy and sadness streamed down my face knowing that a girl didn't ruin our friendship.

I felt happy but there is still one part of me that is missing.

-

I exit the airport and I look around me

I exit the airport and I look around me. I'm back in Seoul. I'm back home where I belong.