𝟎𝟒: 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏

Start from the beginning

It had only been a day since the Inarizaki boys (they disclosed a bit more information about themselves to you, including the high school they all attended) agreed to you accompanying them on their trip across Japan to find their military friend, and hopefully your brother.

Unfortunately for you, new companions did not preclude you from your fainting spells that still continued to blindside them (and you, to be honest) every time they occurred. You had randomly collapsed in the middle of washing the dishes—Suna dropped a rather antique-looking plate in order to catch you (your aunt, if alive, would not have been pleased); you passed out and almost spilled all of Atsumu's beloved peach body wash that he insisted you pack for the trip; and you fainted in the garden when staring at your family's corpses that Osamu almost mistook you for a rouge zombie.

You had also discovered a new symptom of your concussion: short-term memory loss.

"Wh-what are your names again?"

Atsumu and Kita looked at you like you had grown two heads, the latter speaking up, "Y/N, are you okay?"

You pulled back in alarm as Osamu rounded the corner, drying his hair with a towel after showering, "Wait. Twins...?"

Now you had three confused and alarmed men staring at you. At that moment, you were just as dumbfounded. It felt like your brain had short-circuited. You recognised their faces, for the most part. But you couldn't seem to match a name to their features.

"Is this another symptom?"

You turned to the sound of Suna's voice, squinting your eyes as you racked your brain, "A-Atsumu?"

Suna's usual blank stare cracked with a grimace, "I'm offended that of all names you could have called me, you picked the asshole twin's."

"THE FUCK?!"

Kita sat patiently in the Jeep as you approached, perched comfortably in the driver's seat with his arms resting on the steering wheel. Unmoving, he stared at the road ahead, the exit to the main road of the quiet suburb just shy of a kilometre beyond a leftward turn.

After putting the duffle bag in the boot, you walked up to the driver's window that was wound down.

His eyes landed on you as you approached.

"So, where do you guys want me to sit?" You asked nervously, slightly skittish at the thought of spending the next god-knows-how-long in a vehicle with four boys.

"Would you prefer to sit in the passenger seat?" He inquired.

There was a slight difference in height that placed you at a lower angle from the driver's seat, and the discrepancy oddly made you feel small and somewhat inferior under his blank stare.

Although Kita was a bit shorter than the other three and significantly quieter than the twins, he carried an aura of authority that was ever so apparent from your first interaction with them. He spoke only when required to (and always seemed to have the right words to say), provided directions or answers to questions yet to be asked, and managed to keep the rowdiness of the twins under wraps with his mere presence alone.

He was intimidating, to say the least. And his stoic demeanor amplified it by a tenfold.

"Suna and Osamu were betting on who would take the passenger seat. I don't really want to get between that." You replied sheepishly.

Kita turned back to the house, watching said boys collect the last of their things.

"It's fine. I'll tell them that you're sitting in front for now."