Welcome To The World Little One

Start from the beginning

8:00 am

Catherine was laying down sleeping as William was watching her. He was absolutely in awe of her. The fact that she grew and protected their little baby for the past 9 months. This was a moment of great joy for him. The only thing he wishes was that his mother was around to see her first grandchild. He knows she would be proud of him, and that's a great alternative.

Catherine started to wake up and William walked over to her. As she turned to him she smiled and she smiled back at him. Catherine scooted over in the uncomfortable bed, making room for William. He laid down beside her and they molded together in their last few hours before they had a little baby.

William laid there with his wife in his arms with more joy than he ever thought possible. He was happy to be here supporting her and helping her through contractions. As she worked to bring their little baby into the world, she was in pain, and that brought him pain. They both were so ready for this baby.

11:30 am

Catherine's contractions grew increasingly faster. They were now just 4 minutes apart as opposed to 7 minutes when they arrived at the hospital. As they grew closer together in time, they also were getting longer and much more painful. William was there by her side for all of them. He held her hand, rubbed her back, and did his best to distract her when she needed it.

"William, I love you but please stop talking. I am so grateful for everything you have done today, but please I just need one thing." Catherine interrupted as William was rambling on about the latest Aston Villa match.

"What would that one thing be?"

"I really just need a long back massage. You can tell all the stories you want to keep me distracted, but while you do this please." Catherine said, just as another contraction hit. As always, she death gripped William's hand while he rubbed soft circles on her back. After it passed William finally responded.

"Catherine, I will do anything for you and this precious little one. RIght on a back massage."

1:00 pm

The past hour and a half was spent with William giving Catherine a long back massage and her contractions growing close and closer. They are now 2 minutes apart. Her pain was getting worse and worse, so she decided to use some of the hypnobirthing methods that she had researched.

She tried to use positive words of reassurance for herself. She tried simple meditation and deep breathing. It was this that finally worked for her. She was feeling a sense of control over her pain and labour. William was relieved that she was feeling a sense of calm and peace before all her pain would come back as she delivered their little son or daughter.

3:30 pm

The sense of calm and peace that Catherine had previously been feeling was now utterly gone. She was trying to focus on the simple meditation and her deep breathing, but the pain was too much for her. As her contractions neared closer, they had finally reached 1 minute apart.

Her grip on William's hand tightened with each contraction. She knew that soon, they would have a little baby in their arms, but she wanted it to be over now. She continued to try and focus on her breathing, but nothing was working for her.

"William, I want it to be over," Catherine said with so much pain in her voice, she was on the verge of tears.

"Oh, Catherine, darling, I know you do. Just think that at the end of all this we will have our little baby in our arms."

4:00 pm

The doctors came in to do another hourly check-up on Catherine and see how far along she was. She was moving along quite fast as the contractions were now only 30-45 seconds apart. Upon learning this and seeing how dilated she was, the doctors decided that it was time for Catherine to have this baby.