"The only person that can answer your questions now Daniel, this is not us, but him. If you really wanna know, go find him! We will be waiting for you no matter what the outcome is." Caelen added, his hands holding mines to showed me their support and giving me enough strength.

At this moment, everything was blacking out in my mind. But I realized. I understood that they were right. I needed to find him. I needed to clear things with him directly. I suddenly stood up with all the energy I had and smiled at them while whispering a little 'thank you' that I knew they heard. I ran into my room, took my jacket, my keys and my shoes and left my apartment.

The moment I was running was like a dream. I felt that I was flying over the city. Flying over all the problems. Even though I was running for either the best or the worst day of my life, at that perfect moment, I felt so good. So free. I can't tell how long I ran, but my legs weren't weak at all.

Not a long time after, I finally reached his place. My heart was beating so fast, that I could hardly breathe in front of his door. With my shaky hand in the air, I was gathering strength to successfully knock. But before I could warn him about my presence, the door opened on him. We almost bumped into each other, but his body immediately stopped when he saw me in front of his house.

"What are you doing here?" he asked with a serious look on his face.

"I need to talk to you, it's really important," I answered, breathless from my long run.

"Listen, I'm very busy right now Daniel, so please get back!" I blinked after his sentence like an idiot.

I felt empty at this perfect moment as if I was nothing but a stranger. My body was shaking while my heart was crying inside my chest. I could see that he was annoyed by my presence here. And this is something that I couldn't handle at all. The way he looked into my eyes without any emotion. As if he had no feelings towards me at all. As my brain was figuring out the situation, my heart dropped the bomb on its own.

"You want to break up, right?" I threw in his face with a tone of fear and anger at the same time.

His breathing stopped short automatically as he raised his head and looked me in the eyes. But I could see that he wasn't sorry at all. 

"Get to the point I don't have so much time." he retorted with a hint of irritation in his eyes.

Surprise took possession of my heart as I did not expect him to answer me in this way, as if he was annoyed by me. My heart clenched a little more and only regret accompanied me in front of him.

"Why do you wanna break up?"

"Because it's a waste of my time," he replied with an exasperated sigh.

"Wh-what's wasting your time Patrick?" I hardly asked, my heart beating too fast to follow.

"You!"

"How am I wasting your time?" I felt offended, but more importantly, I was hurt and stunned by all this conversation.

"What are we doing, we- we're doing nothing." Each phrase gave me goosebumps and I could hardly handle my wet eyes in front of him. 

"What do you mean we're doing nothing Patrick?" I asked right away, almost in a provocative tone. "Are you telling me this is nothing?"

"It is nothing!"

"It has been three years..." I yelled at his face, losing my chill because of his unbothered look.

"Three years...waste of my time." 

My heart literally stopped beating for a second. What he just have said, was more painful than any injuries I had before. I hardly swallowed while a silence took place between us. It felt like I was dying inside. My heart was broken.