Babysitting Blues

by Alysa_Moon

You and Jack are hired to babysit a baby boy named Baki. Baki was a seven-month-old baby that could crawl and speak gibberish and was a happy baby. He was the son of Keturah and Brooke Goulding. Brooke was a nurse and Keturah was a welder. Keturah was at his job as we spoke and Brooke was on her way to her job. You and Jack arrived right on time to take care of little baby Baki.

Jack mentions how this child was named after the son of the Ogre and dangerous fighter in all of the Baki Manga. You giggle and say that there was nothing wrong with the name Baki. It was cute and so was he.

While Jack took care of Baki by playing with him and keeping from getting hurt, you took care of the diapers and milk and even had the wipes ready to wipe his bump if he made a dukey.

"Alright, everything is set and ready to go. Jack, how are things going with Baki?!"

You see that Jack was keeping Baki from pulling his hair. He mentions how Baki likes to pull people's hair. You giggle again and you and Jack try to help Baki learn how to walk. You stand him up. He plops back down. You stand him up again. It happens again. Jack decides to gently hold Baki from his arms and guide him towards you. You hold your arms out, chanting Baki's name and saying he could do it. He could do it. And he did. He started strong with Jack's help and he landed into your arms.

You look at Jack and wonder if this is what life was like taking care of a child. A child made out of love with the one you cherish and love. You wonder how your child would look in the future should Jack and you settle down to have one.

These thoughts were enough to make your cheeks bright pink. From teaching Baki how to walk, you take him out to the park, with Jack by your side. There were no monster attacks. Everything was pretty calm. You and Jack enjoyed your time with Baki at the park.

Jack pushed him on the baby swings.

You took Baki on the slide.

After an hour, Baki grew hungry.

Lucky for you, you brought the baby bottle.

After Feeding Baki and helping him burp, Baki fell asleep peacefully in your arms.

You and Jack smile and giggle at another before taking Baki back to the apartment that his mother and father owned.

After Baki's mother came home, you were paid for looking after Baki. Now that it was the evening you and Jack were walking home together. You wonder what family life would be like for you and Jack. Guess you both would see when the time came. Until then, you both had duties to take care of.

The duty to protect the earth.

The duty to protect its people.

The duty to protect each other.

Until the end of time.