Chapter 1

A/N

This is my first story so let me know what you think. If you like it I’ll keep writing... 

Thanks!

Chapter 1

Autumn sat on a bench facing the water, her back to the fair rides that closed hours ago. It was his idea to meet here, Charles had said it was important he see her. He rang Autumn's phone an hour earlier with news of another abduction. So where was he? Autumn scanned the empty fairgrounds in hopes of catching a glimpse of the familiar black leather jacket and mess of golden brown hair she'd grown up with. Unfortunately, all she found was discarded soda cups and candy wrappers. Turning back around, Autumn felt the slightest tingle on the back of her neck causing every hair to stand on end. This wasn't right, something went wrong or else Charles would have been here forty five minutes ago. Not being able to shake the feeling of being watched from somewhere in the shadows, She started her retreat to her car. Between the run down rollercoaster and the first shop, Autumn stopped in her tracks. As she looked around, her world started to spin, cold sweat dripped down between her shoulder blades and her legs went numb. Of all the times for Autumn to experience one of her black outs this could be the worst. That was the last thing she thought before she collapsed on the ground.

Autumn's life was never normal. She spent most of her life bouncing around from one foster home to another. Unexplained events had always sent her back to where she started and the potential new family running as fast as they could. Charles had been a regular at the orphanage. He never seemed to mind being alone and always had a welcoming smile for Autumn every time she'd return. As they got older and left on their own, Charles constantly made an effort to keep in contact. It also helped that he was now part of the police force. News had spread about women disappearing between the ages of 18 and 20. All of them had been adopted from the same orphanage Autumn and Charles grew up, making this a personal matter for Charles. He was removed from the case the second his superiors got wind of his background. Not that it stopped him from pursing the matter. So far 5 women had been taken.

Autumns POV

Without opening my eyes, I could tell I was in some sort of basement. The cement floor was freezing against my damp skin. After getting my fill of playing dead long enough to be sure no one was down here with me, I decided it was safe to wake up. Giving myself a few minutes to adjust to the harsh lighting, I got a glimpse of my cell. That’s right; I was in a cell, steel bars and all. Noticing that there wasn't even a bed in here gave me hope I wouldn't be stuck inside for too long. Or maybe that’s a bad thing. I tried to gracefully move from my position of flat on my stomach to at least sitting when it hit me.

"really guys? chains?" What did they think I could do, scratch someone’s eyes out? It'd be pushing it but I might have tried. Iron cuffs were latched around each wrist that attached to the wall through a chain about 5 ft long.

"You’re awake" My eyes shot up instantly finding the source. Out of the shadows stepped a man wearing all black, his eyes so dark you could barely tell they were blue. I quickly tired to absorb any details I could relay to the police but found the shadows still covering most of him.

"Who are you?" 

A tiny smirk splayed at the corners of his mouth giving him the image of a cat watching it’s pray.  “Now why would I tell you that?”

In frustration and fear that showed from the cold sweat that was now forming on my skin, I raised my voice at him, “what do you want? Why am I here? You will never get away with this!”

“Let’s just say you’re more important than you think Autumn. I’ve been looking for your kind for quite a while.” My kind?  His words were making no sense.

“Look I don’t have much but you can have whatever you want if you just let me go. I’ll never tell the police. Please… please just let me go.” My voice betrayed me when it cracked at the end. The man in the shadows laughed at my words.

“I don’t want your money sweetheart. I need your blood for a certain friend of mine. Just sit tight and be a good girl and I’ll see if we can leave you with enough after that you’ll live.” My stomach hit the floor. True fear coursed through my limbs and I sobbed like a lunatic. This was crazy! He needed my blood? It was probably for some sick cult ritual. There was no hope in arguing with an insane person. Slowly I pulled myself into the corner of the cell as I heard him retreat out of the room and the door slammed shut with a loud scraping of steal. The silence in the cell made my ears ring. My mind was spinning over the man’s words, my kind? My blood? I needed to get out of here before I ended up being sacrificed like some offering to the gods. Charles! He had to be looking for me. Oh no, he hadn’t showed up at our meeting. Had something happened to him?  

A/N

Its short but I have more to upload if you guys like it so far.