Chapter 1

Hi everyone! I'm Avantika. If you want to read this book, you must see all the episodes of Just Add Magic. At least till Season 2, because the story is continuing after the cookbook leaves the 3 friends. Only then you'll understand this. And, by the way, on the cover of this book, did you notice a wooden, carved box in Kelly's hands? You'll see why it's there in chapter 7. Gina Silvers will be giving it to them to keep 'something' safely inside. You'll soon know what this 'something' is, soon :) There's a mystery to solve for them...Hope you enjoy...
———————————————-
"I'm telling you, Darbie. You are doing it wrong," said Hannah.  "Alright..explain how to do it, then," said Darbie irritably. Kelly laughed. It was 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

The three friends were doing their homework.  They were at Kelly's house. Hannah was explaining Darbie a maths problem, when Kelly sighed heavily. Darbie and Hannah turned to look at her. "What's the matter, Kelly? Are you okay?" Asked Darbie. Kelly nodded. "I'm just sad that we're not the protectors of the cookbook anymore." Hannah and Darbie exchanged worried looks. They got up and sat beside Kelly. "It's okay, Kelly. We can understand how it is like. But not everything is magic, is it?" Said Hannah. "Exactly!" Said Darbie. Kelly replied, "I know, but I just can't help feeling sad about it."

Now, the three BFFs had found a cookbook in Kelly's attic, and soon learned that it was magical. They had many adventures with it. They also broke the curses of the 3 old friends: Becky Quinn (Kelly's grandma), Gina Silvers (their neighbor) and Ida, also known as Mama P (she owns a café). They, too were the protectors of the cookbook earlier. They had a fight and cursed each other. Ida cursed Gina. So that she could never play a piano. Gina cursed Ida that she can never leave Saffron Falls (where they all live). Becky used her morbium seed to destroy the cookbook but she accidentally cursed herself and could never speak again. Now, a Morbium Seed is a spice that affects amplification. Once a Morbium Seed is fully grown into Morbium Shadowroot, it can make any recipe in the cookbook a thousand times more powerful.. And when it was Kelly, Hannah and Darbie's turn to be the protectors, they solved everything, and Gina, Becky and Ida became friends once again. And then, after a few months, the cookbook had left the girls, and had went to find some new protectors. Since then, the girls had a normal life...

"It's true. We both are feeling sad, too. But the best thing is that we are still friends," said Hannah wisely. "That's true," said Darbie. Kelly nodded. "You're right. Let's focus on our homework, now."

Just then, Kelly's mother shouted from the kitchen, "Kelly, dear, will you please go to the storeroom and get the history documents? I left them there, and forgot to take them back." "Okay, mom," replied Kelly.

"Want some help?" Asked Hannah. "Yes, thanks," said Kelly. And the three girls went to the storeroom. They entered and started looking for the documents.

When Kelly heard two shrieks. "I've found them!" Said Darbie. "Great," replied Kelly.

"Why did you shout, Hannah? Surely you haven't found the documents. Because I have them," said Darbie. "N-n-no! Look over there!" Said Hannah. Kelly and Darbie went where Hannah was pointing. And they, too stared there in astonishment. "B-but how?" Asked Kelly. The three girls saw the same magical cookbook lying on the floor.

"It had left us, didn't it?" Asked Hannah. "Let's go and tell Mrs. Silvers about it. She may know something," suggested Darbie. "Great idea!" Said Hannah.

And the girls picked up the history documents and the cookbook. They went to the kitchen and gave the documents to Kelly's mom. "Thanks, girls," she said. "You're welcome." "Going out? Well, come back soon," Kelly's mother said. "Yes," the girls replied and went out.

They reached Mrs. Gina Silvers's house and rang the doorbell. The door opened and Mrs. Silvers came out. "Hello, girls!" She greeted them "Becky (Kelly's grandma) is here, too. Come inside," she said. "Yes, that's good," said Hannah. And they entered. "Hi girls!" Said Kelly's grandma.

"Hi, grandma. We've come to show you something you could never imagine." Kelly held the cookbook up and showed around. Becky and Gina stared in astonishment. "It's unbelievable! The cookbook had left you! So how did it come back to you?" Said Becky. "We were looking for mom's documents when we noticed the cookbook lying on the floor," replied Hannah. "Yes, so we thought we could ask you about it."

"Girls, I guess I know what it means, said Gina earnestly. "The cookbook has chosen you three to become the protectors again." "What?!" They all exclaimed. "Yes, why not? You've been the best protectors of the cookbook..you solved each and every mystery! You didn't even let the cookbook ruin your lives..the other protectors were exhausted and found their lives ruined.."
They stared at Gina. "I agree," said Becky.

The girls looked at each other. There was a silence for sometime..then at last- "YAY! IT'S THE BEST SURPRISE EVER! WOO-HOO! I'M SOO HAPPY!" The girls shouted with joy. It was so loud that Becky almost fell off her chair. The two old ladies smiled. "Have fun, girls. I'm proud of you three. Keep it up," Becky said. "And do tell Ida about it," said Gina. And the girls went out, keeping the cookbook in Kelly's bag.