MISS MERLYN

Somewhere beneath the most enchanting and beautiful sea, there stood a grotto, but not just any grotto; This undersea grotto was designed into a penthouse of sorts. Inside that grotto/penthouse, there lives a mermaid who is sleeping inside her seashell bed. This mermaid goes by the name of Merlyn, and why was she named this? Well, we cannot know about it just yet...
It is morning now, and Merlyn began to wake up; suddenly, as she raised her hands, she had somehow activated magic that went out from inside her! Instantly, those magic sparks changed a seashell-shaped lamp into a huge ham! Merlyn was somehow surprised! How did I inherit magic powers? she thought, surely, I must know! Clearly, Merlyn does not have any idea how she got those magic powers nor why she was given them in the first place! All that she knows is that somehow, she has them, her powers, that is!
So it was with that that somehow, someway, Miss Merlyn, as she would like to call herself, has got to search for answers as to how and why she was given magic powers. As she got up from her bed, she swam to the kitchen and made herself some breakfast of the usual fish food. Yes, Merlyn may be a mermaid, but she also has the behavior of aquarium fish; she would swim around the ocean, using her arms as if they were her fins, and would close and open her mouth back and forth like a fish, just so like all the other fish, she could breathe! Thus, Merlyn is a mermaid, but she is a fish at heart.  

Merlyn began thinking that she would swim all across the seven seas in search of someone or something that has given her the magic powers; First, she swam to the Atlantic Ocean. While there, what Merlyn found was a pearl and not just any pearl, but a GOLDEN one! So, she picked up the golden pearl and continued in her swim; while she was swimming, she flipped her tail, activating her magic once again, turning sea coral into pineapples! This frightened Merlyn so very much that she almost dropped the golden pearl! She held onto the pearl as much as she could as she swam to the next ocean...
The next stop was the Indian Ocean, where she found another golden pearl! Then, a sack appeared to Merlyn, and she thought that the sack would be to carry those golden pearls in; so she put those pearls inside the sack, and then went on to the Pacific Ocean to look for another golden pearl. Along the way, Merlyn sees a sunken ship. Well, she thought, I probably won't mind stopping and resting for a bit. But then I must get back to searching for the next golden pearl! So it was with that that Miss Merlyn took a rest inside an old sunken cruise ship. While she was resting, she found something special: It was a matching bracelet and necklace made with pearls and seashells. Merlyn began to put this jewelry around her neck and on her wrist...
But just then, a shark was approaching, and Merlyn became so frightened that she darted off from that sunken ship and swam off! Little does she know that the shark was right behind her... 

The shark chased after Merlyn as she continued swimming; she flicked her tail so very much that her magic began to activate, and that the shark was transformed into a little guppy! Then the little guppy got so scared himself that he too swam away, and that was just in that time when Merlyn was suddenly transported to the Pacific Ocean! It was right there and then that she had finally found the next golden pearl, putting that in her sack, and then it was on to the Arctic Ocean...
It got very cold as Merlyn swam closer to that ocean, and she was magically given a coat to keep her warm; she had then reached the Arctic Ocean, and then took a brief look above the surface for just a few moments. She never saw such beautiful ice caps in all of her life and began to feel happy that she had made it this far to the Arctic. But now, she thought, I must get that next golden pearl! Merlyn then dived right back in the sea and continued on with her swimming journey. When she finally found the next golden pearl, she had counted them, adding up to FOUR golden pearls! And then she was informed via telepathy to find one more golden pearl, and that happens to be located in the Australian Ocean. So with that, Miss Merlyn was transported to the Australian Ocean, where she had to search for one last golden pearl. She had already collected four golden pearls so far, and now she must find just one more to make this journey complete and to finally find out how, where, and why she was given those magical powers, as well as to why she was given the name of Merlyn.
Suddenly, an evil octopus slithered by, and captured Merlyn on the spot, while Merlyn herself tried her absolute best to struggle free... 

Miss Merlyn was trying to struggle to free herself from the tentacles of the octopus, who not only wants to trap Merlyn and to make her his prisoner but to have those golden pearls that she has in her sack, just so that he could have them for himself! The octopus tried as hard as he could to entrap Merlyn and to have those golden pearls for himself...But suddenly, she flicked her tail furiously, thus activating her magic! Instantly, the octopus had been changed into a... goldfish, thus swimming away, possibly forever.
Miss Merlyn was finally free from the clutches of the octopus that was now a goldfish, and while she kept on swimming all throughout the Australian Ocean, there she finally found it: The fifth and final golden pearl! Merlyn finally picked it up and put it in her sack! And in just that very instant, Merlyn was transported back home to her home ocean in the sea.
Merlyn was then greeted by a sea enchantress, who congratulated her on completing her quest for those golden pearls, which were then magically taken out from Merlyn's sack and handed to the enchantress. Merlyn then asked her how and why she got her magic powers, as well as how she got to be named Merlyn. The sea enchantress then explained to her that when her parents brought her into this world, the famed magician Merlin appeared to them and blessed her. She also stated that although she did not know this at the time when she was born, when she would become older, she would gain those magic powers that Merlin had blessed her with. "Your parents are gone now, I am sure," she continued, "but you are older now, and that you have finally possessed the magic that has been inherited to you by the great Merlin himself, as well as the name that he has christened you with, as a heartfelt tribute of just how great this magician was."  

"When you flick your tail or wave your hands, you activate your magic in times of trouble." and then the sea enchantress concluded, "You must use your magic whenever you can, either to get yourself out of trouble or to help someone in need. Try your best to not make a mistake when you use your magic. I hope that you shall do very well. Farewell." As she disappeared, Miss Merlyn was handed magic accessories, which they had been placed inside of her sack.
And so, Miss Merlyn was finally back home, practicing her magic that was inherited by the great Merlin himself, and using the magic tools that had been handed down to her. It is so very wonderful how one generation hands down something special to the next generation. And then, after the next generation is through with those special things, then it is handed down the next.