11: Doctor's Orders and Newspapers

Start from the beginning

Nico mentally cursed. What did he do to the son of Nemesis? Oh right, defeat him in the race up the lava wall. And defeat his team in Capture the Flag. And beat his ass in swordsmanship training. Ok, he saw a reason for what Devan did.

"No, I didn't." Said Nico. Will raised an eyebrow. They stared at each other for a good minute until Will sighed and just tugged on Nico's arm.

"Will, where are you taking me?" Nico said, slightly nervous. "To the Hecate cabin. They should be able to tell me if you shadow traveled or not." He said, tugging harder on his arm.

"Y'know, I've been on good terms with the Hecate kids. I doubt they'll rat me out." Nico said softly to himself. When they arrived in front of the Hecate cabin, Will called for JC, a name Nico hadn't heard of.

"Hey Will, what's up?" Said a brown-skinned boy, showing up in front of the cabin door out of nowhere. "Hi JC, can you check if Nico shadow traveled?" Will asked, pushing Nico towards JC. Nico mentally swore. He didn't know this guy which meant he was probably going to be outed.

JC held out his hand, eyes closed, and pointed it towards Nico's chest. A multicolored mist surrounded his body. After a while, he opened his eyes slowly. "Well, he's darker than when Evie last checked him but that could be just 'cause he's, y'know, Hades' son." Will sighed.

"You owe me a favor, Di Angelo." Nico heard JC's voice whisper in his head. "Although, there are interesting feelings in his heart, like confusion." JC said with a smirk. Will furrowed his eyebrows.

"JC, if you're still in my head, I don't owe you anything because of that." Nico heard a chuckle in his brain. Probably JC.

"JC, explain." Will said, glaring to try and look intimidating. JC just gave him a smug look and disappeared into a small flurry of multicolored mist. Will grumbled about cheeky Hecate kids and let go of Nico. Not before giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

Yes, they're dating. Nico still has old-timey beliefs but living at camp for a few months helped him think that being gay was ok. I mean, look at Greek mythology. It was basically a fancy fruit basket with a big red bow on top.

Nico turned a bright shade of scarlet. "If I hear you shadow traveled, you won't receive kisses anymore." Nico stared at Will. "You wouldn't." He said cautiously. "Shadow travel again, and you'll find out." Will then walked off in the general direction of the infirmary. Nico grumbled and returned to his cabin.

"Heya Nico!" He heard from a certain Roman who was heading his way. "Hi, Jason." He greeted back to the blonde. "Have you seen the news today?" Nico nodded his head. He read the newspaper like most demigods. He got a free newspaper from Mcdonald's. "Like, more than the headline?" He nodded again.

"Great, so you would've seen these so-called heroes, right?" He nodded again. "What did they call themselves?" Jason asked, his mind going blank for a few seconds. "The Avengers." Nico piped in.

Jason snapped his fingers. "Right! And one of them's apparently in a museum, another one's a billionaire, two of them are people working for the government, one's a scientist that turns into a mutant, and the last one's a god." Jason listed them off, counting on his fingers as he went.

Nico raised his eyebrows at the last one. "Is the god dude from us?" Jason shook his head. "I doubt it, considering the whole 'gods don't interfere with mortal affairs' bullshit. And besides, I already asked Annabeth's cousin, Magnus, he's Norse."

"And you asked me this, why?" Jason looked confused a bit until a small look of realization passed his face. "I wanted to ask you if we could go to the city, I know you just went, and check up on these "heroes"." Nico held back a laugh. If only he knew the encounter he had today.

"So?" Jason asked, fidgeting with his fingers, clearly waiting for Nico's response. Nico thought on it for a minute before answering. "Alright, but we leave tomorrow." Jason nodded and ran off to the cabins. Nico sighed and started walking in the direction of the Hades cabin. He can't believe a newspaper prompted him to go back tomorrow.

"Gods, can't even have one normal day, huh?" He said softly, glaring in the general direction of the Empire state building. "Don't glare, the gods'll just glare back." Said a familiar voice. Nico turned around and saw JC.

"Can you explain one thing? From earlier?" JC nodded. "How did you know I was confused about a certain thing?" He didn't elaborate on the chance that JC didn't see what he was confused about.

"Certain spells reveal secrets. I just happened to learn a bunch of Legimency skills." He wiggled his fingers. Nico being Nico didn't get the reference. "C'mon, you haven't read Harry Potter?" Nico shook his head. He was planning on asking an Athena camper for one, but he always got scared they were gonna lash out about the designs on his t-shirt. He wore a lot of spider-themed shirts.

"I can lend you the series. Just drop by after the campfire and I can lend it to you." Nico nodded. "Thanks, I guess." JC gave a small salute before disappearing into multicolored mist once again.

A conch shell blew in the distance signaling dinner. "I wonder if Chiron knows about the Avengers..." Nico said to himself softly. If he was going to ask, it would be during dinner but he probably wouldn't. Because most likely, he didn't.

Word count: 1645
I wrote this on a writing block so it's a very low number :,)