chapter twenty-three

Sam and I have been talking almost everyday for about a month, nothing serious. Chandler and I talked once. He will be arriving in Nashville tomorrow with Hana. A new movie is shooting in Nashville and she has the lead role. Chandler wants me to meet Hana and come along with them on set.

“Before the set tomorrow we will pick you up at 7:30.” Chandler typed.

Great, guess I am going.

~

“Samantha, they are here.” Mom called from the living room.

“If you need to leave or anything, call me.” Mother added. I told her everything that happened with Chandler.

I nodded as I walked out the door.

~

Chandler sat in-between Hana and I. 

“It’s very nice to meet you, Samantha.” She smiled.

I smiled back, not knowing what to say.

Hana kept small talk, so it wasn’t so awkward. Chandler didn't say much.

~

“Hana, right this way.” Hana’s manager led the way to her dressing room. Chandler and I waited outside so Hana could change.

“It’s nice to see you.” Chandler smiled.

I nodded.

“I’m sorry.” Chandler’s eyes locked on the floor.

“Don’t be, some things aren’t meant to be.”

Before Chandler could respond, Hana pranced out the door.

“Lets go.” She skipped ahead of us.

~

“Look at the actor over there,” Chandler pointed, “I think he might piss himself.”

The actor waited for his line, shaking with sweat dripping down his face. He was a mess.

I laughed, nudging him, “You’re going to get us kicked out.”

Chandler and I got told to be quiet twice before they stopped shooting for today.

~

Chandler went to the restroom as I waited for Hana.

“You and Chandler have been friends for a long time, haven’t you?” Hana asked as we made our way to the car.

“W-why do you say that?” She doesn’t know we dated?

“Chandler said you two were friends.” Chandler didn’t tell her we dated.

“Yeah, we were really close.” I nodded.