Chapter 3 - The Deck of Cards

Chapter 3 - Meet Paint (AKA, RavenLeBean )
Warnings: Anxiety, kinda anxiety/panic attack, boredom
A/N, I tried to listen to 'Candy Store' while writing this chapter (because it's Paint's song) and turned it off pretty quickly. I can see why I'm banned from Heathers lol
Third Person POV

Paint, as their best friend, Flames, called them, walked up to their room.

After having had a long day, they didn't want to deal with anything else anymore.

Paint flopped onto their bed, just laying there for a few minutes.

An exasperated, and slightly bored, sigh escaped their lips.

They turned their head to look around their room.

What can I do?

Being bored sucked and Paint hated it.

Paint looked around their room a bit more, only growing more bored by the minute.

It made them slightly antsy.

Paint's eyes caught on a pack of cards sitting on their dresser.

They pursed their lips, silently debating if they should grab them or not.

You could play War with yourself.

That sounds fun. Thanks, Malcom.

You're welcome, Paint.

Paint got up, quickly grabbing it's headphones.

They put their playlist on shuffle and 'Candy Store' from Heathers came on.

Smiling, Paint walked over to their desk, pulling their chair out and sitting down at said desk.

They grabbed their pack of cards, pulling the cards out of the box.

As soon as the cards touched it's hand, a cold wind blew over them.

Paint found themself at a table with a bunch of boys, all of them playing cards.

Their eyes widened. Oh my God, where am I?

Paint looked around at the boys, their breathing speeding up.

"Alright," one of the boys- a redhead- started, looking up from his cards and at Paint.

Paint stumbled to get up, knocking over their chair and falling onto their butt, on the floor.

All of the boys looked up at them.

Paint felt tears sting their eyes as panic flowed through their body.

"Race-" one of the boys- one with spectacles- started, concerned. "Are you alright?" He asked.

Paint couldn't breathe right.

They quickly got up, dropping it's cards as they ran up the stairs.

Paint found themself in a bunk room.

They looked around, tears streaming down their face now.

Where am I?

How did I get here?

Who are these people?

Paint heard someone in the doorway, causing them to whip around to face them.

The redhead boy stood there, obvious worry on his face. "Hey, Race..." he started slowly, his voice soft. "Are you alright?" He asked, slowly stepping towards Paint.

Paint stepped back, trying to get air back into their throat, more panic arising in them.

"Hey, hey," the redhead started again. "Can I help you?" He asked. "Can I give you a hug?"

Paint choked back a sob.

The redhead slowly stepped forward again.

Paint didn't move back this time.

"It's alright..." the redhead comforted softly, slowly moving towards Paint.

Paint hugged themself, tears streaming down their face and hitting the ground with a soft 'plat' sound.

When the redhead got close enough, he wrapped his arms around Paint, pulling them into a hug.

After a few minutes, Paint calmed down a bit.

They stayed silent and the redhead didn't seem to be asking questions, which they were thankful for.

Their mind, however, was buzzing with questions, the main one being where am I?

606 Words
Yeah... sorry Paint's chapter is a lot shorter. I'm trying lol.
I'm also trying not to get angry with myself for the chapters being less than 1000 words. I did warn myself that this would happen.
Lol, hope you enjoyed it anyway!