Post-Blip Two

[Two-year-old Callie above (I know it's the same. Sadly, the Blip.)]

One month after Endgame/Five months before The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Callie screamed as she threw her stuffed Captain America. "No, Mama!"

Irina groaned, picking up the plushie. "Callie Margaret, enough. I'm not playing this game."

"Want nug-nugs!"

Irina stood and put the plushie in Callie's crib before running a hand through her hair as she let out a frustrated sigh.

Bucky walked up behind her and hugged her. "What's the matter, doll? Is Callie still in her mood?"

"Yes," Irina replied. "I love her, but she's driving me crazy, Buck!"

He kissed the top of her head. "Let me see if I can calm her down."

Bucky walked towards Callie who was trying to get the Captain America plushie from her crib.

"Want, Dada," Callie demanded, pointing to the plushie.

Bucky picked her up. "What's with you, little one?"

Callie rubbed her eyes and began whining.

He rubbed her back gently. "You're sleepy, aren't you?"

The little girl yawned and began crying.

Bucky swayed with her and her crying soon stopped as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Nug-nugs?" Callie asked softly.

"I think you need a nap, sweetheart. But we can do nuggets later. I think Mama bought the dinosaur ones."

"Rawr."

Bucky laughed softly. "That's right. Do you want a story?"

Callie yawned again. "Nigh-nigh, Dada."

"All right, little one." He continued swaying with her and soon the little girl's eyes closed. "Night, sweet girl."

Once he was sure she was asleep, he laid her in her crib. Callie whined softly before stretching out, remaining asleep.

Bucky stroked her hair gently and made his way back to Irina.

Irina smiled tiredly. "Thanks, Buck."

He pulled her into a hug. "We're a team, Rina. She went down without too much of a fuss. But I did promise her dinosaur nuggets for dinner."

Irina chuckled softly. "She certainly loves them."

"That she does. How 'bout you get some rest, okay?"

She shook her head. "Between the nightmares and Callie, I-"

"Irina, no offense, but you look exhausted. When's the last time you got a good night's sleep?"

"I have no idea."

He stroked her hair. "Then you go rest and I'll take care of our daughter if she wakes, okay?"

Irina nodded. "Okay." She curled up on the chair.

Bucky placed a pillow behind her head. "Sleep well, doll." He kissed the top of her head.

Irina's eyes closed and her breaths soon evened.

Bucky glanced between his girls and smiled softly. He'd imagined a life with her years before, during the war, and fate had not been kind to them. Thankfully, he'd been able to get that life with her, though it hadn't quite happened in the way he'd thought it would.

Irina mumbled something and she whined softly. He began stroking her cheek as he said softly, "Shh. It'll be all right, doll. I'm here."

She cuddled into his touch and he moved to sit next to her.

"Hold me," Irina mumbled.

Bucky, trying his best not to wake her, moved her so he could sit, then set her on his lap. Once again, Irina cuddled herself into him and he ran a hand up and down her arm slowly as he whispered, "I love you, Rina."