Chapter 1

This is my first story.....let me know what you think about it!

Chapter one

As soon as I heard the sirens I knew something was wrong. It was 4 o'clock in the afternoon. What I didn't know was that the bad news was for me. The bell rung after a couple of seconds. It rang in my ears for who knows how long.

The maid - Leanne - answered the door. I could hear whispers and that was all. I whizzed down the stairs, not sliding down the banister as I usually do. There was a police lady standing at the door with a small frown and a sympathetic look on her face as she saw me.

Leanne called me to the door. I don't know how but I already knew what the news was. My parents had died. I felt dizzy and as though a knife had been stabbed at my heart. My knees buckled from below me and Leanne caught me before I fell. I ran to my room, tears pouring down my face. My huge pink and black bed had never felt so comfy. My parents, the only people who had stuck by my side throughout my life were gone.

A week ago my mother, father and me had visited my Gran in Colorado. She was very weak and in critical condition. We brought her back to New York with us to get her good health treatment. Her health had improved but yesterday while I was at school her time came. The doctors said that she had a vital heart attack. Today was her funeral. My mother's sister, aunt Lauren had arrived from Massachusetts with her husband, Uncle Max.

The truth was that both my mom and her sister had run away from home when their parents did not approve of uncle of Joe and my dad.  Both of them got their dreams: married the men they loved, had kids (or in my mom's case a kid), got great jobs, got rich, lived in big houses and the list goes on.....

After my grandfather Joe died my grandmother was never the same. She forgave my mom and Aunt Lauren when they appeared at Grandpa Joe's funeral. Mom even offered Gran to stay with us but she declined the offer. She said it felt right to her to stay at her home in Boston. My mom's family had been one of the founders of Boston.

My Aunt Lauren and Uncle Max live on a large farm in Massachusetts. They had five sons:

Derek (21) the oldest, went to MassachusettsCollege which was close to their house. He is the kindest out of the lot and often helped me figure out solutions to my problems or comforted me when the others teased me.

Next is Oliver (18) also known as Oli. He was one of the flirts and obviously the quarterback on the football team. It was his last year at school.

Next were the twins Andrew and Josh (both 15). They were the same age as me only 5 months older. Andrew was the smartest guy I knew. He could never take his eyes of a book. Josh was the other flirt in the family and also on the football team. He was the prankster and usually his pranks involved me when I visited. Josh and me have been enemies since we met.

Next is Sam (13) Sam is into art and drama.

All the boys are tall, have green eyes, all different shades and dark brown hair.

I have light brown hair with electric blue eyes. People are often mesmerized with my eyes: they say that my eyes look different shades of blue throughout the day. I'm not the smartest kid, but my grades were never bad. I was the quiet kid in my class and tend to sit at the back with my best friend Charlie (short for Charlotte) next to me. We had been best friends since kindergarden, probably because our mothers were also really good friends. My talent is based more in the area of sports. I play football, hockey, lacrosse, tennis and a variety of other sports. I'm not bragging or anything, but im by far the fastest runner in my school. I go to a girls school in New York. People say its the best, but its just as rowdy as the others.

The day after aunt Lauren and Uncle max came over. Leanne opened the door.

"Emily!"

"Hi, Aunt Lauren, Uncle Max"

"How are you feeling?"

"Lousy"

"We wanted to talk to you about whats going to happen now..."

"I guess I'm gonna go to an orphanage now, right?"

"We don't feel it's fair to send you to an orphanage so me and max have decided to become your legal guardians...if that's okay with you..."

"Are you kidding? That would be awesome! Thank you so much!"

"Don't be silly sweetie; you are like a daughter to us!"

I suddenly remembered my mother and father as soon as my aunt mentioned the word 'daughter'. There was silence for some time. Finally aunt lauren said that they would be leaving the next day so I had better start packing.