Of Kings and Knights

Tallia was not stupid by any means, she knew Thranduil would use Thorin's hate for him against him. Azalea didn't know Thranduil as she did, nor did she know what he was capable of doing if pushed. Tallia was led to the throne room by Turiel, while Legolas lead Azalea.

The Dark Side of the Force poisoned The Green-Wood and all life within. She could feel its taint around the Elf king "Tallia Ren, I see you and your friend have recovered from your ordeal."

"Thranduil, were we, not friends once when you were a youngling so curious to learn about the way that the Force moves through life?" she asked.

A fond look appeared in his eyes "It seemed like it was only yesterday." he remarked, "Where were you when the Great serpents of the North took my wife and burned my flesh?"

"I was in the ground protected by the mountain of Moria, after being wounded fatally, I had to put myself in a force trance or I wouldn't be here when and where I am needed," Tallia replied sadly, "I am sorry for your wife old friend, I could only imagine what I would do if I ever lost Kili."

Thranduil looked at her sadly before nodding, before he stood "Thorin, as you well know is showing signs of the Dragon Sickness, though I believe you know what is the cause of it," he said

"I know how to cleanse the sickness from the cave," she said.

Thranduil nodded at this "The Gems of Pure Starlight, the gift that was given to my wife..."

"I understand old friend," she said, "My former Master Revan informed me of the Kyber spider that produced those gems is currently in Lake Town being held captive."

Thranduil looked at her in shock "She is the last of her kind is she not?" he asked

"She is, though coming here will kill her, taking her to the mountain will not only save her life but also cure the sickness that lies upon that mountain," she said.

The elf king mulled over her words "Thorin has already refused my aid," Thranduil remarked, "I know you are the one who can bring him to heel,"

Azela snorted "As if he listens to her,"

"Azela has a point, with how close we are to the mountain, I fear he will continue to get worse."

**********

Kili let out a sigh, Thorin was willing to leave Talia and Azalea behind just to get to the mountain, elvish horns sounded around them as they made their escape in the barrels that Bilbo had found.

Bilbo looked around his eyes going wide as Orcs arrived killing several elves. The familiar sound of a lightsaber igniting caught their attention as Azalea and Talia came flipping off of a tree their blades of light cutting down anyone who opposed them.

Talia, his one...his beloved was severing limbs and heads shooting electricity from her fingertips in a deviating display.

*********
Honey Amber eyes wondered suspiciously as the owner walked across the wooden bridge leading into town. The hood over their heads as they walked, their helmets hid from view "According to my calculations we are in Lake Town," a voice behind him said

"Good work Tech, it looks like the place Revana was telling us about," he replied

"I don't like this Hunter, not in the least," a voice hissed

"I miss her also Crosshair, but she needs us to do this, they will follow soon enough," he replied.

"Seriously though, these people could use some of our technology," Fives said to his right.

Hunter was inclined to agree with Fives on that, Hunter's enhanced scenes of smell picked up on a lot of stuff. As they continued to walk across the bridge they were stopped by the guard "What business do you have in Lake Town?"

"We are ranger awaiting Lady Tallia," Hunter lied, "She said to await her here,"

The guard paled "Very well Rangers, the inn has room and board for Lady Talia and her rangers when they come through."

Hunter bowed his head as they walked passed the guard "What now Hunter?" Echo asked

"We wait," was his only reply.

**********

Talia checked Kili's injury the poison was spreading which wasn't a good sign. She dipped into the force and slowed the poison her worry growing when she knew what it was. She merely bought him time, which is all that she could do, without Kingsfoil her beloved would surely pass to the world in-between and become neither living nor dead. Something tainted with the Darkside, a nameless fear that she herself prayed to the force hadn't returned.

Bard kept an eye on her and Azalea being the only women in the group. Like they needed protection from them. Kili leaned into her as she wrapped her arms around him. She slowly entered a meditative trance only to be brought out of it when Bard had the dwarfs hide in their barrels and dump fish all over them.

She could feel the presence of her old friend, the Kyber Spider was most definitely here. Getting into the town by the water was going to be a task for Thorin and his kin, but she would handle it. As the Bard navigated the waters she looked at the Bowmen "They will not need to hide, they are with me." she said, "Buy the fish to feed your family and people,"

Bard nodded. After the fish was bought they sailed to Lake Town, the guards at the stopped them "Ah, Bard I see you have company,"

"Percy, the barrels of fish are a gift to the people of Lake Town," he said

"A gift from whom?" A voice said

"From me," Talia said as she lowered her hood.

The man sneered at her "And who would you be?"

"I am Lady Talia," she replied, "And you are a sniveling coward to refuse such a gift to their people,"

*********
Kili smirked as he stood by Talia the man bowed his head "I shall inform the master of your return Lady Talia, there are Rangers who are awaiting you also."

Talia nodded "Good day," she said.

Bard looked at Talia impressed as he lead them to his home Talia stayed beside the injured dwarf "They are mates," the woman beside him said, "She is going to stay at his side until he is well,"

Bard nodded as he watched them "Azalea, ease watch over Kili for me, I am going to meet with the rangers that have arrived."

Kili looked at her before resting her forehead against his own "I will return shortly," she said.

Kili nodded "Be safe,"

When Talia left Azalea rested a hand on his shoulder "She'll return, she can't be out of your sight nor you hers for long."

*******
Talia went to the Inn that had it set for her and Rangers to stay "Ah, Lady Talia how have your travels been?" The keeper asked

"Fun, Orcs are on the move again," she said.

The keeper paled "Ill news with that lot back,"

"I was told Rangers are here, have they been through here?"

"Yes, a strange lot too," the keeper said.

Talia nodded and handed them coins for their stay before seeking them out. She walked upstairs and to the rooms reserved for her and her Rangers. There were several force sensitives in the room. She knocked and the door opened to reveal a man with long dark flowing hair half of his face had a skull tattoo "Mando'ade?" she asked shocked.

What were Mandalorians doing here?!