𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Go back from once you came, you hoodlum!" He shouted, attempting once again to lift his weapon properly. As he was raising it, his back was bent by the sheer weight. It sank deep into the ground, the knight now trying to pull it out.

You suddenly thought of an idea. Didn't people in the paintings travel around sometimes?

You move closer to the large portrait. "Excuse me? I was wondering if you could tell me where the North Tower is located?"

"A quest!" Cried the knight, giving another ineffective tug at his sword. He seems to have entirely forgotten about his weapon after that. "Follow me, gentle lady, and we shall find this place across treacherous lands. Stay alert!"

He disappears into the edge of the painting and you had to follow the metallic ringing of his armor as he moved. You hurry after him up a flight of stairs, watching as he runs into a portrait of men at a round table. They jumped when the knight suddenly appears and he pushes two of them out of his way.

"Never lower your guard, dear friend, or else these ruffians will take advantage of your vulnerability. Charge!"

You watch on as he tackled a poor monk to the ground, unsure if you were able to intervene.

How were you supposed to prevent a fight from happening in a portrait anyway?

After the knight 'won' against the monk, he yells, "victory! He was no match for Sir Cadogan's prowess in the battlefield!" He laughs heartily before moving on.

"Er, Sir Cadogan?"

"Yes, comrade?"

You mutter an apology to a portrait of a lady when Sir Cadogan shoves past her. "Are you we nearly there?"

"Our quest is coming to an end!" Declares Sir Cadogan. "Quickly, comrade-in-arms, we must continue!"

"Right," you nod, smiling slightly. "Lead the way, good sir."

Sir Cadogan hops in delight.

By the time you were done following the knight up the spiraling stairs, you were out of breath and dizzy. You can hear an assembly of inaudible voices that came from the very top of the staircase.

"I must leave you here, gentle lady!" Sir Cadogan said, popping his head in a portrait. "Farewell! If ever you have need of noble heart and steely sinew, call upon Sir Cadogan!"

"I will, Sir Cadogan," you promise, waving goodbye to the knight as he once again traverses through countless portraits.

You trudge up the last few steps and appear on a landing, just in time to see students climb a silvery ladder to a circular opening on the ceiling. You didn't have the leisure to feel relieved as you quickly followed after a Gryffindor who was already halfway up.

As soon as you reach the top, the sickeningly sweet smell of perfume hits your nose. The cavernous ceiling of the classroom stretches above you, the walls covered with towering shelves that held crystal balls, priceless porcelain teacups and kettles. Small, circular tables were scattered on one side of the room on elevated platforms, and most of them were already taken.

After snatching a random blue teacup from a nearby shelf, you sit with the first two people you recognize and plop down on the empty cushion with an apology. The kettle and their cups trembled at your movements.

"Can I sit with you two?" You whisper in the surprisingly quiet atmosphere, glancing between Dean and Neville. "I just got here."