v

"you're a god, but you only have 10 euro?"

venti pouted. "this isn't my home world! and even so, i was broke there... but still! i've been sleeping in— in random benches for the past few days and people look at me like i'm crazy."

y/n laughed. "i can't blame them. but oh well, since i'm a nice person, you can sleep on the couch."

the bard cheered. "you are very kind indeed, y/n!"

"yeah, but you owe me! once you return home you better send me a special souvenir or something," they remarked while unlocking their door. "anyways, here's my humble abode. it's small, but it's better than park benches, i guess."

venti stepped in and immediately slumped on the couch. "no shoes!" y/n reprimanded, soon throwing theirs at his head.

"so mean!" the bard replied. he followed y/n and slipped off his leather shoes, placing them by the rack.

"man, it's already eight o'clock?" they mused, checking the time. "i don't usually eat much, but i do have some instant ramen i can cook."

venti sat on the couch. "instant...ramen?"

y/n nodded with a smile, pulling out two large packs from their pantry. "yep. you boil the noodles in water then add the flavoring packet. it isn't very healthy...but it is tasty."

they proceeded to boil the water while venti explored the house. y/n felt a bit embarrassed-- was their dwelling pleasing enough for a god?

"the architecture and furnishings here are noticeably different from those in mondstadt. though i do see resemblance," he noted.

y/n continued to fix around the apartment. "mondstadt? is that the name of your home?"

the bard nodded. "indeed it is! it is the name of the city of wind, dandelions, and freedom, a city i created myself."

"interesting, interesting. it sounds like a lovely place. i hope you don't have others accommodate for you..."

"that's kind of rude! but, um, trust me, they don't."

y/n paused to look at them. "sure..."

venti turned to look out the large window of their home. meanwhile, y/n dug around for any extra clothes he could use.

aish, i'll have to take this guy clothes shopping, otherwise i'm going to look like a weirdo out in public, too.

they came back with a white shirt and some sweatpants. "you can change in the bathroom-- what you're wearing looks really nice, but, uncomfortable, if i'm being honest."

the bard waved a hand. "you flatter me! i appreciate your consideration."

"yeah, yeah." y/n waved him off and went back to the kitchen. they finished cooking dinner, transferring the noodles and soup into bowls and getting a pair of chopsticks to go with them.

venti reappeared not long after and the two enjoyed a silent (albeit slightly awkward dinner). eventually, they asked, "soo... what's mondstadt like?"

the bard finished chewing before replying, "it's a lovely place! of course, i made it myself. it has tall walls that keep it secure, many tall houses and bustling streets-- even a large statue and cathedral for me!"

y/n squinted while they slurped their soup. "are you sure you didn't make that specifically?"

the archon simply laughed it off. after more (slightly unbearable silence), y/n sighed. "here, venti. i'll give you the lyre."

he blinked. y/n retrieved the instrument from the bag and handed it to him. "i kinda feel like a douche waving it in front of your face. and your home sounds pretty nice. i wouldn't want to keep you from it."

the archon accepted it, a bit taken back. "my, didn't you want something in return?"

y/n shrugged. they took the two empty bowls from the table and washed them. "it's alright. i'm not in a rush anyways, i still have six weeks before my assignment's due. but you've given me some inspiration."

venti was quiet. "thank you...y/n."

"not just yet," they shot back. "it's probably a given you can get it to work, but like i told you before, it still doesn't sound."

the bard frowned. he placed a hand on the lyre, infusing whatever remaining anemo power he had left, and strummed the strings.

but even he couldn't get it to play a note.

"what?" y/n dried their hands and moved next to venti. "it's still not playing?"

he shook his head sadly and set the instrument down. "i didn't think it would be that easy. what's more, my powers are weaker now that i'm a way's from home."

solemn, y/n couldn't think of anything else to say. among all people, the god of wind himself can't play his own lyre?

venti shook himself from his thoughts. "but no matter! i'm sure the answer will come in time. for now, i can help you with what you tasked me to do. you're being very generous to me, and it's not like i can do much anyways!"

"i-- venti, thank you. and i'm sorry."

before he could reply, y/n stood and got their camera from their bag. they sat on the couch and started scrolling through pictures. "come here, venti. i want to show you something."

curious, the bard complied and sat next to the photographer. "i hope you don't mind... but i took some pictures of you while we were out." they stopped and showed him images of the bard performing at the fountain, then to when he was at the garden.

"wow!" he marveled, gently moving the camera so he could see it better. "my, you posses talent! i look very dashing."

y/n laughed. "yes, yes you do. i hope you don't mind that i took these."

"not at all! but i do have one condition."

they looked up. "go on..."

venti grinned. "i want a copy of every single photo you take while i'm here!"