Part 36. Crazy In Love.

Start from the beginning

"Who could know you can be so romantic" [Y/N] teases him softly and feels Bucky smirk as his lips are still on her head.

"You like it?" Bucky asks softly as he lifts his head slowly.

"I didn't know I'm into this romantic shit but yes... I really like it. Might be the company though."

A laugh escapes Bucky's lips, sounding so freely and truly happy, that [Y/N] is full of joy just by the sound of it. "You're definitely not the romantic type. Did you hear what you just said?"

[Y/N] chuckles but she doesn't blush. Someone else would might feel ashamed but she's comfortable around him. And his great mood is infecting. "I'm sorry. I really love this. All of this. But I don't know about you but it's all new to me... Cute, romantic gestures, sweet moments..." She holds onto her glass tightly to not spill any of the liquid as she turns around to face Bucky. "I'm experiencing it all with you. That's why all that matters to me is you. Like I said: I don't care about the circumstances."

Instead of answering, Bucky leans in and kisses her tenderly. His lips feel cold from the air and the wine but they're still as soft as usual. And once again, Bucky manages to surprise her with the different kind of kisses they can share. This tenderness is something different and it's full of love, admiration and happiness. "I take back what I said. That was really romantic" he whispers when he pulls back. He places a kiss on her forehead and then looks into her [y/ec] eyes. "You deserve to be treated like this, [Y/N]. You hear me? Never settle for less. You deserve all the love of this world."

"Funny that this is what I think about you, isn't it?" the woman replies softly and smiles admiringly at her counterpart.

Bucky smiles in response and his gaze becomes somehow more serious. "But if you tell Wilson any of this, I have to deny it all."

***

The two of them keep sitting outside and cuddle for some longer until it gets too cold for [Y/N] whilst Bucky barely seems to mind the cold winter air. It's past 10 p.m. when they head to the living room and Bucky takes her hand once again and pulls her closer to him. "Remember when we talked about casual dates I'd have in the 1930's and 1940's?"

"I remember everything you tell me, James" [Y/N] replies softly as she gets lost in the beautiful blue-greenish eyes that look at her eagerly and curiously.

"Then dance with me" he says all softly in a low voice, his breath sensible on her lips. Like hypnotized, [Y/N] just nods and doesn't even realize where the music comes from or how it started playing because suddenly, she feels Bucky's hands on her body as she seems to have drifted off for a moment. His left hand intertwines their fingers and she can feel the slight cold of his metal arm against her skin, which feels even colder now from the cold air outside. His right hand is placed on her back, fingers widely spread to hold as much of her as possible, their bodies only inches away.

His blue-greenish eyes look at her admiring and affectionate, a warm smile on his lips as he slowly begins to move to the sweet rhythm of the song. A song he has searched for way too long because he didn't want to pick any old song from the 1940's but needing something romantic. A song that they could dance to and that would sum up their relationship. He spent hours on the research of a modern musician with cheesy songs that seems to be so famous these days until he found him. Ed Sheeran. Bucky hadn't even listened to the full song when he found it because after the first notes, he just knew it'd be perfect. But as they dance together in silence now, him paying attention to the lyrics, he just has to admit that it's more than perfect. This song seems to be able to tell her where his words fail at. Words that he didn't even knew he'd ever need because he never thought about feeling like that for someone.