[6] The Date Night

As the car door gently swung, he'd allow himself out of the car as he'd shut the door behind himself. The window still being opened as Captain kindly offered to take him on a ride due to Steve being out busy with a couple of friends. It just being the two of them alone in his car.

''Alright champ,'' Captain teased with the nickname as the ginger adjusted the black tie as it was awfully tight. The green tuxedo being a bit, too small. But, he had to deal with it anyways. Captain saying a tuxedo would ''set the mood'' but honestly he looked completely dumb in his opinion.

''good luck with Keith!'' He said as he'd cheer him on since this was his first ever date sad enough to admit.

''Uhm- Thanks dad.'' He'd mumble in complete embarrassment as he seriously didn't know how this would end out. It being obvious from how much he began to sweat as he was awfully nervous about this.

''Aw come on kid,'' He'd reply by his obvious nervousness as he'd adjust the glasses he wore while leaning his back against the car seat again.

''don't over think about silly stuff. You have been wanting this, haven't you?''

Captain wasn't wrong at all on his last words, him always wanting to be closer to Keith on a date night with just the two of them. It's just he feared on making mistakes. Just praying for tonight to be perfect with no mistakes of his.

''Well, yeah. Ever since I was a kid..'' The red head said as he'd shove his hands into the pockets of his green pants that matched with his tuxedo. Admitting to his thoughts on how he's dreamed of taking him out on a date ever since he was a kid basically.

''Then go for it dork, don't hold yourself back?'' He'd chuckle, making it sound as if it was that easy in his mind.

''You make it sound so easy though.'' Pico let out a soft groan in defeat to himself as he worried he might say something that would offend Keith, or overall make it where the two some how ended up becoming enemies?

''Kid, stop worrying and go have fun. It's what I did with Steve,'' He'd explain while clearing his throat again.

''I too felt the same way with him, but overall once I allowed for myself to have fun, everything went perfect.''

Pico followed after his words on not freaking out so much during the entire date, soon nodding as a slight smile grew on his lips.

''Thanks dad..''

''No problemo kiddo, go have fun now.''

As Cap said his last goodbyes before he'd watch him drive off into the distance, he began to walk himself towards the place as he knew where it was. Keith actually showing him the place as it was fairly fancy? A bit worried on how much money he's spent on the two just to get in now that he thought about it..

As he'd walk himself to his destination, Keith giving him the location already as he remembered it entirely some how, he'd walk though the crowds of families and strangers whom dressed in warm winter clothes while he looked like an entire clown. Him never being seriously bothered by the cold air during winter, as he admired it in fact.

He was just mainly worried about being stood up, honestly. He knew Keith wouldn't do that but, he started to remember how awful he was to Cherry. Guilt finally coming into play as he got the karma he deserved honestly.

He was just, snappy to her when she was trying her hardest to be nice to him. Guessing jealousy really took over him that day, huh.

He obviously doesn't talk to her, as that was probably the first time he's had a ''conversation'' with her. But obviously it didn't end out so well from how much of a dick he was truly being towards Cherry. But, that shouldn't be his main focus right now.