Chapter one -Emma

She woke up in the morning to sun rays hitting her. Checking the time "oh god no" I'm late. Running to the bathroom, taking a shower rushing out to put clothes on. After combing my hair and taking my bag , I run downstairs. Taking my keys to go mom calls "Emma, where are you going honey? And in such a hurry?" walking to me . Turning around to look at her "Mom, I'm late to the bakery. I have to be there by 9:30 and it's already 9:02" I say. Mom smiles "Nonsense baby. You have to have breakfast you know I don't like it when my kids don't eat breakfast. Now come on."

"Mom , you know I always eat breakfast. Don't worry mom, I'll eat something at the bakery. I promise". Mom walks up to me hugging me goodbye. "Baby take care. Love you". Opening the door I said, " I will mom. Love you too". After a 30 minute walk to the bakery, I finally reached. Walking in and changing to my work clothes, I start work. My friend Chloe stood beside me and smiled "hey girl, you good?". Hugging her "I'm good, I was just running late" I say. She giggles "I'll talk to you during lunch time". Walking away to serve customers "okay", I say. After a few minutes of taking orders my phone vibrates. Taking it out I see it's my sister Kimmy. I tap on the text.
Kimmy: hey sis
Emma: hey Kimmy
Kimmy: Mom said to let you know that you have to be home early for dinner there's a surprise for you.
Emma: Oh okay. Do you know what it's about?
Kimmy: No. Just to let you know.
Emma: Okay, love you.
Kimmy: Love you too. I'll see you then.

After texting Kimberly. I finish work and it lunch time, I met Chloe at the back. "Look who decided to come. What took you so long?"she says smiling. "Oh come on, Chloe. You know I can't just leave"I say sitting down to eat my sandwich. After eating and talking for a while "So... Em's. How about we go to the club tomorrow?" she says standing up. Chloe knows I don't like going to the club. I'd go anywhere with her just not a club. I love her she's my friend and I'd do anything for her but sometimes she's just something. Being the shy,quite person I am, I like being at home. I never really went to party. Looking at her " um...Chloe? I don't think that's a good idea" I say looking away. "Oh come on Emma. For once have fun. Please it's Friday" she says walking out. Not even giving me a chance to say No. I'm sure she's going to be drunk as hell.

Yeah I've seen her drunk and she's funny as hell. Talkative when drunk but I love because she's sweet and caring and she's always there for me. Going back to work I realised I haven't taken time to have fun but maybe it's because I I'm not good with socializing. Sometimes she's asks me when am I deciding to ...you know sleep with someone. I know I'm a prude. I can't really answer that question.
Plus I don't think anyone would like a girl like me anyway.

After a long day of serving , I start cleaning the tables finishing up and checking the time it's 7pm already. I have to close now and get ready for 9pm , I need to make sure I'm ready or else Chloe will drag me to the club. The bell rings and 3 men in suits enter "it's closed" I say turning around to put up chairs. "We'd like coffee and a muffin" someone says. Turning around and walking to them, I see they've already sat down "hi, my name is Emma. We're closed but can I get you something before I lock up?" Shyly smiling.