002: Ibuki Hanayuri

Abandoned lol no longer using and will prob be deleted
Edit 8/23/21: Fixed a few things.

Ibuki Hanayuri! Her main inspiration is Ibuki Mioda. She was also uploaded to my Art Book.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING HERE SERIOUSLY THAT DIFFERS FROM THE GAME'S CANON LORE. This is an OC, meaning that everything that is different is fanon.

Some references to real things within real life may be inaccurate.

CW: Mentions Religion and Bullying.

Some info might be changed from the art book

Some info might be changed from the art book. Also this art's kinda old since it was made several months ago.

Also, please ignore the otome game part of her desc. I've decided that she does like anime, however is not interested in mobile games.

✦✦✦✦✦✦

Ibuki Hanayuri
(Breath, Flower Lily: translated from Japanese)

✦✦✦

Gender
-
Female

Sexuality
-
Straight

✦✦✦

Age
-
20

✦✦✦

Height
-
5''3

✦✦✦

Species
-
Human

✦✦✦

Personality
-
Optimistic and jokes around when comfortable, such as familiar friends. She is notably introverted and can't stand up for herself in tough situations due to being bullied within her past. She can stand up for her friends, however.

✦✦✦

Headcanon Voice
-
Chiaki Nanami (Slightly more cheerful) (ENG DUB, GAME)

✦✦✦

Languages
-
English, Japanese, Vietnamese (NOT FLUENT)

✦✦✦

Likes
-
Boyfriend, Sushi, White Lilies, Sunflowers, White Egret Flowers, Visual Novel Video Games, Anime (secretly, would have a mini heart-attack if anyone other than her friends found out), Calm Music, Light Novels, Romance Novels, Dogs, Gardening

✦✦✦

Dislikes
-
Cats, Her eyebags, Her singing voice (when she was younger), Horror Novels, Anything related to horror, Spiders

✦✦✦

Relationships
-
Boyfriend (Very Close Friend / Significant Other)
Girlfriend (Enemy? Sees her as an Acquaintance)
Bernard D'acquisto [OC] (Childhood Friend)
Eitokage [OC] (Childhood Friend)
Gladwyn Griffin [OC] (Childhood Friend)
Sister Merci Fulle [OC] (Childhood Best Friend)
Sister Sara Fhick [OC] (Childhood Best Friend)

✦✦✦

Backstory
-
Ibuki Hanayuri was born to her mother and her father, who were unknown to her due to her memory of them being foggy. She could not remember what separated her from her family, but she remembers that she was taken by a bishop who was the head of a convent: Mother Superior Donatella Lye. Mother Superior's name was then changed when she married her husband, Haru Hanayuri, when Ibuki was 5 years old. Ibuki lived a very sheltered life away from society, and only knew of basic knowledge of the outside world, and the story of her mother and father's religion. She tended to a flower garden beside the church's official garden. However, when she was eight years old, children (specifically young girls sent to the convent to become nuns) came to the convent and began to live there with Ibuki. She was so happy that she was no longer alone, and managed to make many friends. However, a small number of the nuns were bothered by Ibuki. They were off-put by her unusual eye-bags from lack of sleep, her strange behavior, her horrific singing voice , her secret love of 'anime' (which they saw as 'devil propaganda' when they were young), and more. The nuns began to harrass Ibuki without the Mother Superior and her father knowing; their methods were verbal abuse, stealing her things, physical abuse, and trampling and killing the flowers within the flower garden Ibuki had spent her entire life caring for. When Ibuki was 13 years old and had heard from one of her friends that the flower garden was deeply charred by fire, she ran out to see what they had done and began to cry. While she was crying, Boyfriend had somehow appeared in front of her and offered to cheer her up and help with the garden. After a few weeks of getting to know each other, and the nuns who burned the flower garden getting chastised, he introduced her and the nuns to some of his friends. Then, weeks later, a small party, or a ball; according Mother Superior Donatella, was organized for the nuns and the children as a greeting for the new children.

When the party began, the tragedy occurred. Ibuki refuses to tell what it was, but it can be inferred that it was a massacre. Few people survived; and only three of the 20 nuns got out. Ibuki Hanayuri, Sara Fhick, and Merci Fulle. Everyone who encountered the tragedy are still good friends, however, it still plagues Ibuki with nightmares to this day. She hopes that one day she can overcome it.

✦✦✦

Fun Fact Section
-
She suffers from a chronic case of insomnia. She's had insomnia for many, many years ever since she was young, due to her nightmares. Her stepmother and father, along with her friends, have tried to remedy it using powerful herbs, sleeping pills and medicine and more, but even the strongest of the medicine became void to her insomnia over time. However, she can fall asleep calmly under certain conditions.
-
She suffers from mild social anxiety due to being bullied at the convent.
-
She is a very good cook. Her specialty is seafood, specifically sashimi.
-
She can't fall asleep unless she's hugging something sweet-scented, like sunflowers or apples, or something with a familiar, calming scent.
-
According to her stepmother, she remembers Ibuki having an older brother four years older than her, apparently named Touya. He unfortunately died in a fatal car accident before Ibuki and her stepmother could get to know him well.
-
She tries to not focus on the past and the negative.
-
Her favorite show when she was younger was the show version of Pokemon Black & White. Her favorite character was Elesa, and secretly hopes to cosplay as her one day.

✦✦✦✦✦✦

915 words. That's all the info I have of Ibuki! Hope you like her!