Chapter 9: Four of Pentacles

Courtly was basically forcing Lizzie to sign over her rights to the throne of Wonderland. Sign the contract or never leave the school. Raven and the others pleaded for Lizzie not to sign.

"But..she'll let us go," said Lizzie. "If we stay here, we're doomed anyways!"

Eventually, she refused. And then, before Thalia knew what was happening, they found themselves on trial. Scowling, Thalia pulled out her journal.

The one with "Thalia's Hitlist" embroidered on the cover.

One of her ghost friends handed her a quill and she very passively aggressively started writing Courtly's name on the very first page, along with the reason. "You there!" called Courtly. "Why are you writing in a book?"

Everyone turned to stare at her. Kitty, recognizing the book, sniggered slightly. "Well," began Thalia. "It's a gift from my father, you see. Whatever I write in this journal will appear in one that my father has. It tells him who wronged me and how.

"You, Courtly Jester, have the honor of being the first person in this Hitlist of mine."

Courtly scoffed. "And what's your daddy going to do?"

Thalia's eyes gleamed. "He's going to kill you, of course." Everyone gasped. "Or just shorten your lifespan. Or place you in Hell. Whichever you prefer."

"Oh sure," said Courtly, rolling her eyes. "Like your daddy has the power to do that."

"Her father's the Grim Reaper," blurted out Apple. Another gasp from the crowd. Courtly blinked, but seemed rather unfazed.

"Whatever. Your daddy can't do anything right now. All the portals to this world are closed, so he can't come and kill me!" She giggled, before turning to the judge, who declared them guilty.

They were thrown into detention. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't escape. Thalia lounged in a chair, sulking. She was supposed to have a date with Cupid that afternoon, but since she's stuck in Wonderland, she couldn't do anything.

Not even Nakime's powers could transport her out. It really was a bummer. Her ghost friends did their best to try and cheer her up. Douma made some miniature ice sculptures to play around with her.

The other girls were baffled by the sudden appearance of the ice sculptures. Douma showed himself and made several more dolls for them to play with.

A masterplan for whenever they got out of there and she could get vengeance on that court clown. "Let's see if she's still laughing and jumping around when the portals open again. That smirk will be wiped right off!" yelled Akaza.

Maddie suddenly stood up, knocking over one of the dolls. Douma whimpered at the action, which received a laugh from Akaza.

Apparently, with Maddie acting as a messenger, they were able to figure out a way to escape detention. The answer? Tiddlywinks.

The detention monitor snorted awake. "Ah! A challenge! It has been so long. An obscure school rule: If you declare a challenge, and then pass the proficiency test, you are released from detention."

Since Chase Redford was the Acting Vice Principal at that time, the challenge was swords. All the girls sighed in relief as they remembered the very short duel that happened between Thalia and Chase earlier. This would be a snap for them.

They were transported to an arena. Thalia took out her sword again, preparing for battle. However, the White Knight appeared and offered to take her place. Thalia shrugged and they all took off, following the White Rabbit.

Now free from the magic of Wonderland High, Kitty smiled and disappeared. The other six girls jumped down the rabbit hole. Thalia sent Shinigami to find Kitty, and to report back where the Storybook of Legends was.