A New Era Begins

I stood in the centre of the battlefield, wincing as something hit my already aching back. I was struggling to cope with the downfall of the swamp i had known and lived by for years, it slowly crumbling to the ground. I felt my eyes become wet, as i watched more and more bodies fall onto the green area. I could only watch in pain as bullets flew by, some slightly grazing my fragile skin. I managed to stretch my head to look as the door of the house that stood in front of the large swamp swang open violently, revealing a large green figure, staring upon the terror that had broken out in the green lake like substance. They walked forward, staring at the abundant amount of dead bodies of all kinds. They kneeled down to one of the dead ogres, and carefully removed a sword that was resting in the creatures limp hands. 

They stared at it in what looked like pain, tracing their sausage fingers along the blade, blood being left as they removed it. I watched as a vile looking creature i assumed to be a child run towards them, a tesco sword in hand. The Ogre laughed in pity and rose their giant leg up, launching the gremlin to (insert the planet furthest from the sun i dont have the energy to look it up). Without realising, i smiled slightly for the first time in a very long time at the unfamiliar ogres shenanigans. 

Suddenly, multiple arrows were flying through the air, and they went in the ogres direction. I could tell HIS gender, as he leapt to the side, barely managing to dodge the surprise attack. He landed in a mossy pond, the inhabitants of that being dead too. The sight of the small frogs among the dead creatures in the small pool of filthy water made me upset, but i knew this was no time to pine over a frog. He leapt out of the pond before making the realisation he lost his sword. He turned around hastily and saw it start to float away, so he snatched a bow and arrow from a dead human and shot arrows at the speed of lightening towards the mobs of humans, killing multiple. I watched in hope as their lifeless bodies feel to the floor like jenga bricks.

There was more ogres than humans standing, thousands of humans spread across the ground, making it look like a four year old was called for dinner when they were playing with their barbies. The speed of the shooting increased, and i stood, suffering in silence, terrified for my life that i hadn't gotten the chance to live out. I focused on the ogre i had for some reason shown interest to the whole time he was here. He was staring at a withered mushroom, fidgeting with his fingers, clearly in a state of overwhelmingness. He looked around again at the hostility before his eyes, and took a step forward, taking a minute to notice the horrific event below his foot. He had a look of severe pain written on his green features when he saw it. The deformed mushroom smushed into the ground. The ogre surprises me, and breaks down, sobbing into his knees as he repeated apologies to the plant over and over. Once he stopped what felt like hours later, we simultaneously scanned the green, liquidy battlefield and saw that there were no humans left fighting, the ogres roaring in triumph at their victory.

I was took by surprise when the ogre i had been watching came over to me, picking me up and bringing me inside his house. It was cottage-like, it being decorated nicely with wooden furniture. I stood admiring it before the seemingly kind ogre went outside again, me following him but staying at the door after seeing what was going on before me. On front of him stood a weak human, holding a bow and arrow in their trembling hands. They opened their mouth to speak but was cut off by a terrifying roar. "GET OUT OF MY SWAMP!!!" the ogre towered over the pathetic human as he said it. The human was trembling even more now, and began to whimper as they made a run for it, knowing better than to even attempt to defeat the obese figure.