𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻 ━ ❛a new tomorrow❜

Start from the beginning

"Tomorrow, in front of the White House, the President will make his announcement. He will be joined by Secretary of Defense Laird and has even sought the help of renowed scientist Bolivar Trask, his special advisor to combat this mutant issue." 

Hank stopped the video before he turned back to the others, "Raven dosen't realize that if she kills Trask at an event like that, with the whole world watching-", Charles spoke up first as he looked at the others in worry.

"Then I came a log way for nothing", Logan stated as he sighed deeply. 

"And there's more bad news. I saw in a report they found traces of her blood in Paris. For all we know, they already have her DNA", Hank informed the others as Elenor looked to the ground and rubbed her hands over her face. "Which is all they'd need."

"To create the Sentimels of the future". Logan finished her scentence as silence fell over them.

"There's a theroy in quantum physics that time is immutable. It's like a river. You can throw a pebble into it and create a ripple, but the current always correct itself", Hank explained to the others as he shrugged and shook his head. 

"No matter what you do, the river just keeps flowing in the same direction", he finsished as he looked at Logan who rolled with his eyes, "What are you trying to say?"

"What I'm saying is, what if the war is inevitable? What if she's meant to kill Trask? What if this is just simply who she is?", Hank continued as he looked over at Charles, who now spoke up again. "Just because someone stummbles, loses their way dosen't mean they're lost forever."

Logan's gaze fell onto the man who sighed now deeply, "No, I don't belive that theory, Hank. And I cannot belive that is who she is. Ready the plane. We're going to Washington." 

The group didn't waste much time and very soonly Elenor was sitting in the plane, next to Charles and on Logan's opposite.

There was a comfortable silence between the three until Logan spoke up. "You're all right?", Logan questioned Charles, who had his hand placed on his upper leg. "Getting there."

Elenor eyed Charles, who gazed out of the window as Logan sighed loudly, "Whatever happens today, I need you to promise me something. You've looked into my mind and seen a lot of bad— but you've seen the good, too."

The man paused for a small moment, "The X-Men. Promise me you'll find us. Use your power, bring us together. Guide us. Lead us. Storm, Scott, Jean. Remember those names. There are so many of us. We will need you, Professor."

Charles eyed Logan a bit surprised, before he answered him with a serious face expression, "I'll do my best."

Logan leaned forward as he didn't broke their eye contact, "You're best is enough." Charles sighed deeply before Logan nodded his head at the man, "Trust me."

Elenor's gaze still laid on Charles before she turned towards the window she was sitting next to.