Moments and Pranks

Start from the beginning

"Kanao, good morning." He greeted the raven haired girl who looked up towards his direction.

She stared at him for a moment before slipping her hand in her pocket to bring out her coin. To say the least, Tanjiro was disappointed to see the coin, but he knew that people needed time to do new things.

His crimson red eyes watched as the coin flipped up to the air before landing towards the raven haired girl's hand. Tanjiro saw tails on the coin and he watched as the girl opened her mouth to speak.

"Good morning to you too, Tanjiro." She smiled and the redhead smiled back; then, decided to ask her a question.

"Uhm, Kanao... How did you even get here?" He asked and to his relief, the girl decided not to flip her coin again to answer his question.

The raven haired girl glanced at the butterflies around her, "Well, I had nothing else to do. So, I decided to flip my coin if I should stay longer in bed or might as well explore." She answered him and continued, "While exploring, I was thinking of finding a peaceful place to sit down and relaxed ." She said, as her glanced at the environment around them. "And that's when a door suddenly appeared and in that door was this beautiful place." She finished and the redhead couldn't help, but softly smiled at her.

"It looks like you decided on a place of your own, Kanao." The redhead pointed out and the raven haired girl was surprised at first at what he said before blankly glancing down at her lap.

"I see..."

Tanjiro only smiled at the girl and decided to sit next to her since he was getting tired on standing up. At the corner of his eyes, he saw the Tsuyuri flinched for a brief second before quickly relaxing, as that signature polite smile of hers returned to her face. He chose to ignored it, thinking that she really is uncomfortable with people.

He recalled Sabito's observation about Kanao, on how she preferred animals more than people.

A comfortable silence surrounded them and the redhead glanced up to observe the sky above them. 'Is this the outside of Gem-san's place?' He thought; however, he was snapped out if his thoughts by Kanao's voice.

"Tanjiro, how did you find this room?" She asked him, her lilac eyes staring deeply at his crimson ones.

The redhead let out a sigh, as he leaned back on the bench and crossed his arms behind his head. "Like your story... Well, I was thinking of a place to clear my mind and this door suddenly appeared." He answered and his ears picked up a soft hum from the girl.

"It looks like this place only appeared if you needed it. Since, I was looking for a peaceful place to relax, the door that led me here showed up. While you on the other hand were looking for a place to clear your mind, the door showed up and led you here." She explained, as her eyes glanced back to the butterflies around her.

Then, she finished her explanation with her monotone voice. "It looks like this room shows up to the people who needed it. Kinda like a room of requirements, don't you think?" She concluded and the redhead blinked his eyes at him before placing his right cheek on his hand.

"You should talk more." said Tanjiro, as he eyed the girl besides him. "You're voice sounds relaxing to the ears, Kanao." He smiled and the girl became quiet after he said that.

Seeing that he might have offended her, the redhead let out a disappointed sigh and decided to maybe leave her alone. He glanced away from her to stare at the rose bushes across from him when he heard her small voice.

"...thank you."

Hearing that, a smile appeared on the redhead's face and his cheeks heated up happily.