𝐓𝐰𝐨 | Razor

𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞: gender neutral reader ‎◡̈it's been awhile but had the sudden energy to write lol; and i also ditched the kaeya one i was working on for this hehe i love this boy sm :(

it's been awhile but had the sudden energy to write lol; and i also ditched the kaeya one i was working on for this hehe i love this boy sm :(

! not edited !

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

  You were part of the Teyvat wildlife conservation project and it was your job to study organism behavior.

You were out for a walk and wandered into wolvendom. You never really understood why it was considered 'dangerous' and as you entered the territory, you heard rustling and flinched at the side and scurried to hide in a bush.

It was a figure with long, gray hair like a wolf's coat. you had to blink twice but as you opened them, the figure was gone.

Calling it a day, you waddled away from wolvendom and back to the comfort of your beloved home, but before that, you decided reported the incident to one of the knights roaming around.
"A figure? You must be referring to- ah it's classified information. But since you've seen it yourself, suppose revealing the name won't hurt."

With the knight sharing more than what was promised, You came to know that the figure's name was 'Razor', and was raised by wolves. Surreal, but true. And you just hoped that knight won't be fired from his job.

'Raised by wolves, hah. That sounds like a fairy tale' and it fueled your desire to find the mysterious figure more. Unable to sleep that night, you went back to wolvendom the next morning in search for whoever it was yesterday, but a wolfhook caught your eye so you crouched to pick it up.

At the same time, a hand slapped over yours, also reaching for the fruit. You both jumped back in surprise.

Long, gray hair. Crimson eyes. And a cluster of wolfhook berries cradled in his arms.
Bingo.

"It . . . i-it's you," you stuttered silently out, and he warily stood up, eyeing you.

"Stranger danger," he backs away but you shake your head in denial.
"I won't hurt you, so please don't go! I don't bite either," you smile in attempt to make him ease up, however it only barely worked.
"You not bite, but razor does," he says and points to his teeth. You were at a loss for words and trailed your eyes to the fruit clasped in your hand.

"You needed this?" you raised the fruit, showing it to him in which he nodded slowly, still in a defensive stance. You stood up and handed it to him but before he could grab it, you snatched your hand away.

Immediately, he frowned.

"Why do you need them?" you asked and he sighed, submitting to your interrogation. "Lupical is hurt. Razor help lupical be better so we can go hunt again," his voice dropped more by the time he finished his sentence and you frowned with him. "I'm not sure what lupical is; are you referring to your wolf family?" he looked up at you, eyes beaming.

"Yes, my lupical is this 'family'. Lupical need help so razor need to go now," he tried to grab the fruit from your hands again, but you moved it away. "Please bring me with you. I need to do this for my . . . this . . j-job . ."

You followed behind him when he lead the way while you poked nervously at the wolfhook's smooth skin, forming dents. Nervousness was a rare occurrence to someone of your caliber in your field of work. Wolves were territorial, and it's only normal that one would fear for their life.

But was it really that, or was it because of the one who was leading you? Having luscious hair like that, anyone would find it hard to to resist not running a hand through it, and you were so close to doing it yourself.

A pack member's ears perked up and started growling, backing away much like what razor did a few minutes back and they bared their teeth in threat.

Razor stretched out an arm, separating you and the frightened wolves, "Do not be scared. They are friend and not bad," Your gaze at him softened and put his arm down, making your way inside the cave towards the wolf that was laying on the ground and panting rapidly.

"Is lupical hurt?" Razor whimpered out worriedly. "Not hurt, just going into labor," you assured him. You assisted many pregnant dogs, but then again dogs and wolves were completely different, and this was your first time being this close to one in the wild.

It wasn't long until her offspring were safely delivered though you didn't really do much. Comforting the confused boy counts as some task but other than that, all you both could do was watch and wait patiently outside of the cavern.

"Why small thing come out of lupical?" he asked and looked at you with big curious eyes, ones filled with wonder. "You haven't seen one before?" you replied and he shook his head, dazed and confused at what he saw come out of one of his kin.

You sigh and press your mouth into a lazy grin, "They're called pups, and they're created from love."
"And what is love?" he asked again and you realized that you didn't know either.

"Not sure, but . . can I pet your hair? Like, touch it . . ? I-if that's okay," You shifted your gaze from the mother nursing her newborn children to your feet and avoided razor's look.

A short silence was shared between and a wind rustled the tips of the cedar trees that stood up tall proudly before a response came.

"Okay," grabbing your hand, he softly places it on his head after pulling his hood down then lets go swiftly to hide his pink-dusted cheeks.

Razor never felt this emotion before. And he didn't know what this thing called 'love' is either. But they might just be the same thing.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

votes very much appreciated hehe (๑'>᎑<)~♡

this was originally a draft/brief but i ended up writing everything :/