𝐂.34

holy fuck

POPE DROPPED THE COUPLE OFF AT the market docks and went back to John B's

JJ took Martha to a medical tent that was still open and free for those hurt by the hurricane. He paid almost half of the money he earned today just to keep the doctor quiet because Martha didn't want any word of this to get to her parents, or worse, to Rafe. It is okay though, she's worth the expense.

She joked about JJ being a sugar daddy, and his cheeky grin didn't go unnoticed during the appointment.

There was really nothing the doctor could do but put her wrist in a two-week, waterproof, cast. He also prescribed her some pain medication, but she refused, the probability of her overdosing on that shit was too high.

They made it back to John B's in no time after that, JJ finding his surfboard and stripping off his shirt to reveal his eye-candy abs. Martha smiled at him as he helped her pull off her shirt, considering she wasn't really used to the cast yet. She left him amazed as she reveals in, yet another, scantily-clad bathing suit. She just may have about every color in the rainbow.

They ran, and swam, and surfed for hours in the summer sun. Laughing and splashing each other as they realized Martha was terrible at surfing. She's been in Virginia the majority of her life, could you blame her?

"Damn, McFly, you suck," JJ laughs as he grabs onto his surfboard, his head and shoulders just above the waves. His shoulders flex as he rests his head on his hand, looking up to his girl vegging out on his board.

Martha borrowed it, but now, she's out of breath and just sitting on it. Her muscles are tired and feeling heavy. Her hair drenched, sticking to her salty skin.

Her eyebrows furrow together, leaning forward to say another cheeky line. I'm on a roll today, he just makes it so easy. "Oh please, you love how I suck."

Kiara cackles into the air, her hair bouncing as she tilts her head back. She is also resting on her surfboard, her legs dangling in the water. Pope giggles along but John B's eyes narrow in disgust.

JJ raises his eyebrows, a blushing grin forming on his neck and cheekbones. "That's it, come here!" He jokes, locking his elbows in as he pushes up against the board, tilting it one way and causing Marty to fling off into the waves.

She gasps for air as she quickly comes back up into the surface, pushing her wet mop of hair from her eyes to see JJ cheering, "I'm the King of the Hill! Bow down to me!"

Marty chuckles under her breath, spitting out some saltwater that swarmed into her mouth due to her fall. As JJ boasts and yells, she swims behind him, grabbing his wailing arm and pulls him into the ocean.

➵ ➵ ➵

"YOU REALLY THINK IT'S OUT THERE? Like, no bullshit?" Pope asks the group, who are vegging out underneath the stars tonight. It was a long day after all. He is sitting at the base of the southeastern tree, John B opposite him.