part 1: how they met

"okay lilah this is your hotel room, you have it for yourself" says Coach Collins. he's been my coach for 3 years, he and my dad are amazing friends and they both taught me everything i know about hockey.

it's 7:30 and i'm sitting in my bed, watching tv when there's a bang on my door. i get up walk to the door and there's four guys wrestling in their boxers on the floor.

"woah what the fuck is going on? get off of eachother" i say as i pull them off of eachother.

"what the hell are y'all doing?" i say to the boys.

"sorry we were just messing around and it got out of hand" says a curly haired boy

"no shit" i say as i laugh at them.

"my names matthew tkachuk, this is mitch marner, this is andrei svechnikov, and this is jack hughes. we play hockey."

"well mr. tkachuk, my names lilah kane and i to play hockey."

they all stand there amazed at the thought of me playing hockey.

"you guys should probably put shorts on if you're gonna come in and play nhl 21 with me." i say.

"oh shit yea, sorry." says i believe andrei.

they all go to there rooms which are on either sides of my room, and they come back in shorts and i grab them their controllers.

"holy shit lilah what a hit!" says mitch

"suck it tkachuk." i say

"damn lilah" he says as he laughs.

"oh fuck off andrei, just because you know how to deke on xbox doesn't mean you can do it in real life" says jack hughes

andrei looks at him offended and pushes jack off the bed and he falls on the floor.

we all start dying laughing at the sight of jack on the floor.

we played nhl for 5 more hours and then the boys said they were gonna go back to their rooms and sleep.

"lilah wake up we have warmups in 2 hours." says coach collins.

i got up and turned the shower on. when i got out of the shower i dry off and open my door and get my hockey hoodie on and a pair of nike pros.

i walk down to the breakfast station and get a bagel and terrible tasting coffee. i go to sit down and the boys were at a table and they invited me over.

"hey lilah the schedule for the tournament came out today. what team are you on?" says mitch giving me a copy of the scheduleS

"team illinois, my dad is patrick kane." i say

"i knew you looked familiar!" says jack

this tournament has 50 teams, each state brought they're best players living in their state to this tournament. matthew is on team missouri, andrei is on team north carolina, jack is on team florida, and mitch is on team washington.

"i play team wyoming first, this should be a breeze." i say. "what about you guys?"

"indiana." says matthew.

"maine." says andrei.

"pennsylvania." says mitch.

"texas." says jack.

"good luck andrei i heard maine has a hotshot goalie with a great glove." says mitch.

after we finish our breakfast we all head back to our rooms.

i walk down to the locker room to get ready for the game.

"okay guys even though we are going against wyoming if we slip up they can beat us." says coach collins.

we started to skate for warmups and i see the boys watching me. i smile at them and give them a little salute.

"COME ON JAKE PASS THE DAMN PUCK." i scream at my bestfriend, brother, and line mate jake.

i get the puck and travel up the boards. i out skate wyomings defenseman and i do a little flip thing with the puck and shoot it on net. the next thing i know is theres a goal horn going off, my brother fighting a wyoming player, the boys are screaming at the refs, and i'm laying on the ground with blood gushing out of my nose and a pounding headache.

sorry for the short part. i'm gonna try to upload one a day and most of them should be a little longer.