𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 4𝚝𝚑!

(A/N) this little piece is just some little inspiration i got from watching the fireworks yesterday :]

this chapter is very American lol

and short

sorry about that

"Hurry! We're gonna miss everything," you exclaimed as you dragged Ruv across the field, pushing past the tight crowd of people. Due to his height, people kind of moved out of the way for him instinctively, so it was pretty easy getting to the front.

Ruv only sighed as he let you drag him by the hand towards the colorful projectiles,  workers carefully readying them for the first firework to fly.

  "They aren't even ready yet, (Y/N),  calm down,"  he said calmly, not nearly as excited as you were.  You always loved the fireworks,  what with the bright lights and shapes, and the pure swell in your heart when you remember this day was honoring independence.

  Ruv wasn't really as hyped, even if he should have been, because it was his first time seeing them here since he moved to be with you.  He was still getting the hang of everything around America, and he could definitely be singled out by his thick Russian accent.

  "I don't even understand why you Americans love this so much,"  he complained, and you feigned offense.

  "Ruv, at least try to enjoy the fireworks.  We only really get to see them like this once a year, so lighten up!"  You smiled up at him as you finally came to stop, right up against the barrier that kept everyone from being too close. You held onto Ruv's hand, and he brought you up in front of him so he could hold you gently.  You eagerly awaited for them to start.

  "I could be sleeping right now,"  Ruv stated, and you rolled your eyes.

  "Just give them a chance.  You'll love them when they start."

  "If they start. What's taking so long?"

  And right that second, they launched the first firework.  You could hear all the people around you going, 'oooo', and 'aah', some exaggerated.

  Your gaze followed the little ball of light into the sky, where it burst into patriotic colors, a loud 'BOOM' following closely.  Red, white, and blue sparks flitted about, slowly dissipating into the air.

A few explosions later, drones started forming shaped in the sky. An eagle, the shape of the US, the American flag, and various other formations that awed you.  You found everything endearing, how all the lights flowed and the drones scattered about, ordering themselves into shape. You look around you and saw the various people surrounding you.

  Everyone here had at least one thing in common, they loved the fireworks.

You saw the excited children, and the joy that emitted from them, and you smiled. You looked back to the fireworks just in time to see the biggest one so far, expanding largely until it popped loudly. You could feel the vibrations shaking you throughout your body, and slight adrenaline coursed through you.

After a little while of watching, you began to speak as you tilted your head to see Ruv's face.

"So, how do you like the fireworks?" You asked, and noticed how he was so closely studying every single firework, the lights reflecting off his eyes.  He seemed to be enjoying this a lot more than he let on, so you nudged him smugly to get his attention.

  "I guess that's a yes, yeah?"

  He blinked and looked down to you,  "What?"

  You only laughed and looked back to the lights.  You didn't even know what made these lights feel so special, but it filled you with happiness, and excitement.  It may have been extremely loud, but you felt so peaceful.
  You snuggled yourself back into Ruv, and he squeezed your hand a bit affectionately.

  After half an hour,  the finale began.  The fireworks fired consecutively,  literally blinding you for a moment.  You squinted so you could still see, and smiled.  It was so noisy, but even if your eardrums felt like they were about to burst,  you loved every second of it.  Maybe the reason it was so special tonight, was because Ruv was right next to you.

  After everyone cheered, you along with them, of course, and they all started chattering amongst themselves, some leaving, you looked up to Ruv again.

  "What'd you think?"  You asked simply, and he mustered the best smile he could.

  "Maybe I understand a little bit now."

  You laughed again and reached up to peck him on the cheek.  You went to get dinner together later, and eventually made it home to rest, exhausted from the excitement, and pleasantly calm.

-768 words-

(A/N)  i literally get these huge amounts of inspiration from the littlest things but then I go to write them and my brain just goes blank sosjsoahsoabsoabskz

also I'm so sorry i meant to post this yesterday but  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyways, if you weren't american before this chapter, you are now.  welcome.

drink water and stay safe :] <33