t w o ✿ tenerife sea - ed sheeran

ابدأ من البداية

I slowly turned around, quite afraid even though I was already expecting to see myself disappointed. But the moment I did and saw his face, I got up on my feet and enveloped him into a very tight bear hug, not minding the fact he was holding 2 mugs of whatever drink that was. I wanted to know he's real, and I'm not hallucinating.

"Ash! Oh my god," I said, putting my head in the crook of his neck as I started sobbing. I was able to feel him, so he's real. He's here. Ashton Irwin is here. He's tangible. I could hold him. I am hugging him. I am in his arms again.

The jigsaw puzzle has finally been complete. And at this moment, it was all that ever mattered. I was even starting to doubt if I was in a dream, but I was afraid as well to know the truth so I stayed put and kept hugging him. He was hugging back as well, so all I did was savor the moment.

"I miss you", I told him, wiping my tears with his stupid purple shirt. I let out a chuckle after I noticed he was wearing that hideous one.

"Same. But I'm here now 'ya know," he told me, at the same time gave me reassuring pats on my back. I do wish you're here for long, Ash. I'm having doubts.

"I'll still be fulfilling that promise. So I wouldn't leave," he said all of a sudden after we were quiet for a few minutes.

I swear the moment he said that my heart fluttered and skipped a beat.

He remembers.

I stopped crying and ate with him. He cooked some waffles and pancakes. It was 2:00 PM but I didn't mind. All that mattered was him. However, I felt awkward staring at him while I was munching on the food so I turned my gaze on the surroundings. That was when I fully noticed we were in a tree house. Just like when we were kids.

He cleaned up the dishes. I couldn't help but smile. He's still that best friend who knows I do not even know how to do a single chore and complains about that but would still do the task. Typical Ashton Irwin.

I was taking a tour of the tree house when I saw the polaroids of us when we were kids. There was one of us playing in the swing, and then there were a couple of us eating ice cream. We were around the age of seven or eight in the photo but I vividly remember everything.

"I made the tree house look like our childhood playhouse back in Australia, Eunice," he said, making me go back to reality from memory lane.

"I see," I told him, still in awe of what he did.

"How's life?"

I expected him to ask this question but I silently hoped he wouldn't. How do I answer it? Should I lie and tell him I was good and fine? Or should I say the whole truth that I was miserable leaving Australia? Should I even say it was damn shit without him. Do I say 'It was supposed to be good but I probably didn't see anything positive since you left' or 'I was a complete wreck with everything that happened'?

"I..."

I couldn't continue. Because the moment we lost each other was the moment I lost myself as well. I felt dying. A big part of me went missing. I was incomplete.

The next thing I know he's hugging me. He's unusually the hugger right now. When he pulled away, he pulled out a small remote and clicked a button. Some music suddenly played. He went back to me and offered a hand for a dance. I held his and he guided me along with the music.

"Please don't look down. You're amazing. You're beautiful, your dress is wonderful, the way they did your hair is gorgeous," he told me, lifting my head up minutes after we went dancing and all I looked was our shoes.

How do you even want to look at him with tears about to fall from your eyes like they're water from an open faucet?

I just smiled at him, meekly.