𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃

Start from the beginning

"Either way, we're almost out of time. South Padre spring break season ends this weekend." Hotch said as he walked out.

__

On the jet, we were watching the news. The media caught wind.

"National media has picked up on the story. We're gonna have to make a statement when we land." JJ said.

"We want to make people aware without obviously causing panic." Hotch said.

"Stress hypervigilance, the whole buddy system. Yeah, I'm all over it. I just don't think anyone's gonna listen." JJ said. I agree.

"What do you mean?" Spencer asked.

"Come on. Drunk college students don't exactly want to hear they shouldn't talk to strangers." JJ said and I nodded.

"Was there any DNA left on the scene?" Emily asked. Her and I always sit next to each other on the plane. It's our way of being a "couple" while working.

Garcia on the phone answered that. "Uh, yeah. Too much DNA. This portion of the Garcia Show will be brought to you by the letter "I" for icky. The lab has recovered over 100 different trace samples, as multiple guests create a cesspool of DNA. Also, there is no way to determine the exact time of "secretion" or to eliminate anyone actually working at the hotel."

"Were you able to find any connection between the first two victims?" Derek asked.

"No. They grew up in different states, they went to colleges on opposite coasts. I did the whole cross-reference credit card thing, couldn't make it connect."

"So the hotel's the only common denominator." Rossi spoke.

"Yeah. And it should be noted that the first victim, William Browder, wasn't exactly a registered guest."

"Well, that's a popular thing to do. I mean, youngsters do it all the time. They rent a room, they pack in as many kids as possible to save costs. We could be dealing with hundreds of unregistered guests." Derek said. I used to do it myself in college.

"We need to check every guest, whether they were on the books or not." Hotch said.

"Male raping male. So are we presuming our unsub or victims could be gay?" JJ asked.

"That's not necessarily true. In male rape, sexual preference typically has less to do with the crime than the power and dominance the attacker feels from the act itself." Spencer said.

"Still, it's a question we should ask the families when we interview them. It could help us determine how the unsub met the victims." I let out.

"We got a lot of work to do. Emily, JJ, Delia and I will go to the P.D and start victimology. The rest of you, there's your new home." Hotch said and set down a picture of the hotel.

__

At the station, we met with the detective on the case. She walked over and introduced herself. "Reese Evans."

"Agent Hotchner. These are Agents Parks, Prentiss and Jareau." Hotch introduced us. We smiled and shook her hand.

"Well, thanks for being here." Reese told us.

"If it's alright with you, we'd like to talk to the victims' friends and family as soon as possible." Hotch said.

"Of course. Michael Browder, the father of the first victim has just arrived to claim his son's body. And the second victims' girlfriend should be here within the hour." Reese said.

"Does Mr. Browder know the details of his son's murder?" I asked.

"Not everything. I mean, there were certain matters I didn't want to bring up on the phone." Reese replied. Probably a good idea.