Chapter 26: Ultragirl

Start from the beginning

Barry adopted a sly smirk as he pulled a small device out from the pocket of his shirt.  To Clark’s eyes it looked like a standard flash drive, but Alura quickly grabbed it from Barry’s hand for a more thorough examination.  As she gently turned the object over in her hands, she noticed the House of El symbol etched in the metal.  She instantly knew what the device was.

“Barry, where did you get this?”

“From the Kelex on the other Earth.  He took it out from his internal mechanics, Alura.  That device has all the schematics and specifications to build our own memory inducer.  We only need Kara’s archive crystal.”

“Well, it’s not here, Barry.  Kara’s crystal is with her own ship at the D.E.O.”

“Then we’ll just have to go get it, Clark.  That crystal and the inducer are the only way to restore her memories.”

“Then I’ll go.  I can get there and back the fastest.”

“No, Clark.  You need to stay with Kara.  I’ll go, besides, from the looks she’s giving me, it’s abundantly clear she doesn’t trust me.”

“That’s just because she doesn’t remember you yet, Barry.  Go, we’ll get Kelex working on the inducer.”

Barry immediately took off for National City while Clark and Kelex began working on the inducer.  Unbeknownst to the group, Kara’s dark clone had begun implementing her own plans of not only stepping out of her cousin’s shadow, knowing and not caring what the ramifications of her actions would be.  Her first stop was the apartment she shared with Barry in Central City.

“How could I have ever wanted to marry Barry Allen?  Look at this place!  This is just too bright and optimistic!  Pathetic and laughable is what it is.  I bet even…”

With a pause in her train of thought, Kara stepped into her closet in the bedroom.  Upon glancing around the bright colors and cheery outfits immediately sickened her.  She knew what her first change had to be.  While still in her Supergirl uniform, she had little options of what to wear for her trip to pick an entire new wardrobe.  After twenty minutes of rifling through all the clothing, leaving a pile on the floor she found the one serviceable outfit.

She pulled the black dress Barbara had given her for the date night with Barry off the hanger and quickly set to altering it.  First to go were the sleeves, cut off, before she turned her attention to the length.  On that date night it had fit below her knees.  With her scissors she cut four inches from the dress and upon looking in the mirror knew it would now fall at her thighs giving a good view of her legs.

But she still wasn’t done.  One final alteration removed the cloth that originally sat below her neck line.  Now the dress had thin straps that hugged her shoulders and a cut that exposed just enough of her chest to be sexy and turn some heads wherever she went.  Her first stop after leaving the apartment was the ground floor where she received multiple whistles of appreciation before reaching the doorman.

“Good Morning Mrs. Allen, on your way to work? Or a lunch-date with Mr. Allen?”

“No Jack, I’m on my way to celebrate my new found freedom since Barry and I split up.”

“Oh…that’s why Mr. Allen hasn’t been around then.  I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Don’t be.  I realized Barry and I weren’t really right for each other.  He’s probably been staying with Cisco.  Not that I care of course.”