Chapter 34: Selena's POV

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selena's POV

Leon's cries filled the dark room, and I groaned as I started to wake up. This was something I had to get used to now but I really didn't mind, my baby needed me and I was going to be there for him. My only request was that he cried during the day for something he wanted not at night, but in the end I was just happy he was here.

I gently grabbed Xavier wrists and tried to get myself free of his grasp but it wasn't any use, I was stuck and Xavier was dead to the world so to speak.

"Xavier" I cooed in his ear trying to make sure that he heard me over Leon's screams.

He mumbled something but didn't let me go, and Leon's screams carried out making my heart ache. I really hated it when Leon cried the mother in me made me want to go to him and comfort him and see what he needed.

Not being able to take it any more I squirmed out of Xavier's arms finally getting free and checked him making sure he didn't wake up. Xavier shifted slightly and rolled away so his back was facing me. I rolled my eyes at him, typical. Most of the time Xavier slept through Leon's crying but I really couldn't blame him because he was tired.

Xavier was constantly having meetings with the advisers and his father trying to work out Luca's next move and when he was with me and Leon he spent all his time and attention with us. And when I was sleeping Xavier was taking care of Leon, so getting up in the middle on the night to take care of Leon while Xavier slept really didn't bother me.

I didn't have a doubt in my mind that just because Xavier was sleeping while Leon cried, he didn't care for Leon. It was the very opposite and I knew that because every waking moment that Xavier spent with Leon was filled with nothing but love and adoration. Sometimes Xavier wouldn't even let me hold Leon because he was so transfixed on looking after Leon, it was really cute and made my heart melt.

The squealing cry broke me out of my day dream and I stood up stretching quickly before patting my way over to Leon's crib.

If you thought Xavier and I spoilt Leon the most you would be wrong. Maria, Claus, Cira and Cale loved Leon and spoilt him more than Xavier and I. The amount of teddies and toy thats were in Leon's crib and around the room were proof of that.

Looking over the dark chocolate railing of the crib I saw my beautiful little boy in his blue onesie, socks over his hands to stop him from scratching himself because his of nails. I could tell his hands were balled up into fists I side the socks, his eyes squeezed shut tightly, his mouth agape as he cried.

I knew that cry it was a hungry cry. Checking the Xavier's bedside table with the alarm clock I saw it was time to feed him again.

Smiling softly as I reached into the crib and cradled Leon in my arms I cooed softly at him and he relaxed instantly knowing he was going to be fed.

As I stood up straight I smoothed out his hair with my fingers and made my way over to the counter that had a mini fridge with his bottles and a bottle heater.

We were really lucky to have so much room in our bedroom otherwise I wasn't sure how everything was going to work out.

Xavier had organized everything before I got home. He had had some staff build a mini kitchen complete with the counter so that we could feed Leon, he also and bought a change table, the crib a rocking chair a pram and heaps of other baby necessities which were mostly stored in the spare room we had in our walk in wardrobe. I had been completely surprised when I got hope and I didn't think I was able to thank Xavier enough.