[ C I T Y O F B O N E S ]

Start from the beginning

"Watch your mouth" Alec says as he goes to step forward, only to be stopped by my hand pushing his chest back.

"By all means go ahead. Course the minute you enter you'll die" Jace says.

"See problem is now I don't believe you" the mundane grumbles.

"He's not lying" Alec adds.

"Now. He was before" I say.

"The rune energy in the City of Bones will kill any mundane who dares to enter so... please" Alec says as he gestures his hand forwards making me slap it back down.

"What is your problem?" Simon snaps.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe you constantly staring at my girlfriends ass-"

"Alec leave it" I whisper as he reluctantly listens.
I turn around only to find everyone, except Simon, smiling at us like Cheshire cats.

"Not now guys"

Ignoring my comment Izzy steps forward:

"The brothers creep me out, I'll mind the mundane"

"Your sacrifice is noted Izzy" Jace speaks up.

"Talk about a sacrifice I'm missing a financial analysis class"

"I can't be here anymore so Jace I'm gonna go check the perimeter" Alec groans while pulling me along with him.

"You sure as hell love the mundane don't you Alec"

"If he opens his slimy little mouth again I will kick his ass. No discussion"

"Why?" I ask, curious.

"I don't like how he keeps staring at you, or calling you hot. He infuriates me. And he's a mundane I mean come on-"

Deciding I've had enough of his rambling, I cut him off and slam my lips to his, just like he did when we were in his room. Now it's my turn to tease the living hell out of him:

"We should probably head back and check on Izzy and the mundane" I whisper as he brushes his thumb against my blushing cheek.

"Yeah, come on" he pulls me to follow him back to Simons car.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So is cracking someone's mind open supposed to take this long? Maybe we or you should go check" I hear the mundane say to Izzy as we arrive.

"Jace has it covered" Alec says.

"Take my word for it, the silent brothers are quite unpleasant" Isabelle says frowning.

"That's not helping, not at all. What if Clary can't handle the brothers-"

"You literally never stop talking do you" I laugh  
"Nope" he smiles.

Alec rolls his eyes at the mundane and pulls me closer to his side once more.

"Damn is he always so charming"

"Of course he is." I say while smirking at the older Lightwood.

"First born. Heavy as a head that wears a crown" Izzy says grinning at her brother.

Izzy asks Simon what he wants to be and do in his life but ignoring their conversation I lean into Alecs hold on me and rest my head on his torso, as he only holds me closer, resting his head on top of mine.

"Let's go get it" I hear Izzy say as her and Simon go to walk up ahead.

"Where's it going" Alec shout.

"We'll be right back. What? He passes the time" she laughs dragging the mundane away.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jace and Clary make their way out of the City of Bones, looking rather startled. The redhead looks like she's been crying and Jace looks confused.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Valentine is Clary's father" Jace says making me gasp in horror.

"What?"

"Wait a minute. Your telling me this girl shows up out of nowhere and she's Valentines daughter. Did it occur to you she might be a spy? This might be a part of her plan-" Alec says raising his voice.

"That's enough Alec" Jace says.

"You think I planned for my mom to get kidnapped? Or- or for Dot to be taken or to have a giant sword dangle over my head and find out that my father is one of the most dangerous people in the world?" She shouts, tears flowing down her face.

"Where's Simon?" She asks, noticing the lack of his presence.

"I told him to stay in the van, I searched everywhere" Izzy says running up to us.

"He's gone!" She screams.

"I can't find him" Izzy says, concern flooding her features.

"You were supposed to protect him!" Clary shouts, stepping towards Isabelle.

"Hey it's not her fault!" I hiss at the girl in front of me.

"Simon!" She shouts, ignoring me once again.

"Thank you for that Lil" Izzy smiled warmly at me as I return the favour, before running to catch up with Clary and the boys.

"Simon!" She shouts again.

"Is that the mundanes name?" I hear a male shout from above us. Looking up I notice none other than Raphael Santiago. Damnit.

"I'm afraid Simons coming with us"

"No, no he's not apart of this" Clary screams.

"And it would be my pleasure to kill you unless you return him" Jace growls.

"Careful, you'd be violating the accords" I say.

"I'm afraid the gorgeous Lily down there is quite right. The night children have broken no laws. We're negotiating, the mundane-unharmed- in exchange for the mortal cup. And the clock is ticking. Tick tock people." He says smirking at me and vanishing once he finishes.

"How the hell does he know who you are?" Alec asks angrily

"Not now Alec it's a long story I'll explain later I promise" I say looking up at him, only earning a sigh from him.

"Simon! No! No! Simon! S-"

"Clary will you Shutup for one god damn second? By the angel" I moan at her.