Chapter 4

Later that day.... Seth and Nina were sitting at a table by themselves and were eating lunch. When Nina broke the silence. Nina turned and looked Seth in the eyes and said, "Seth, now it is your turn to explain why you are here." Seth set down his sandwich and replied, "Once, when I was little, I got really sick. My mother took me away, and my dad didn't like it. They broke up. Then I moved here to be with my dad. When I was older. And then I got sick again and went to my mother and got better and came back here." He sighed and looked away, thinking of what she might say. What if he gets sick again? Will he have to leave? I hope that I can help him get through this. "Oh, Seth, I am so sorry, I didn't know. I hope that I can help you. I really do like you and.," she stops midsentence and looks away blushing.

"It's okay, because I like you too," Seth looks sort of embarassed as well. "You know what?" he continues, "I think-"

"Hey, Seth, over here, kid!" A very pretty girl comes over. Upon seeing Nina, she looks blank and says, "Oh. Sethy, want to come over to my table, I…" and she flashes him a look that says it all. "And I mean," she then continues, "Why would you want to be here with HER?" she ends, pointing to Nina.