Chapter 31

After Athens, we spent two days in Corfu and the last two days we were supposed to spend in Santorini. The island of Santorini was paradise on earth. It was so beautiful that I almost believed that I was in heaven. It's serene beauty was captivating and the peace and calm was another blessing. The waters were so blue and clear against the white paint of the houses in the city. The narrow and dwindling streets were worth exploring and the markets were bustling with souvenirs. I felt like I never wanted to leave this place and rued the fact that I got to spend only two days in the most beautiful place in the world.

Ever since we left Athens and the entire time we spent in Corfu, Hannah was sure to keep a firm grip on Nathan, not letting him alone for a second. Even a single moment Nathan and I were left alone, she'd come and act as a barrier between us, not letting us have a conversation without butting in and just being a nuisance. At first it was amusing seeing her be so possessive of him and threatened by me but then it got downright annoying, like she was all over the place.

On the last day of our holiday, which was also the second day in Santorini, I went out early in the morning, at around five, to explore the city. Even though Santorini was beautiful and calm it had one drawback and that was being crowded with tourists from all over the world. And so I decided on going out at a time when not many people were there - early morning. In doing so, I could see the place and capture it when most people were asleep.

(Santorini, Greece)

(Santorini, Greece)

After my little morning outing, I got back to the hotel we were staying in at around nine and entered the suite. Nathan was sitting on the sofa while typing furiously on his phone. When he saw me he put the phone down and stood up looking angrily like he wanted to devour me. Oh-oh. Looks like I am in trouble. Hannah was nowhere in sight. Ugh. Where was that woman when you needed her?

"Where the hell were you?" Nathan all but screamed at me.

"I went out," I told him, holding up the camera which was around my neck, indicating what I was doing.

"Out? So early in the morning? Who goes sight seeing at seven in the morning Hailey?" Nathan was scolding me like a child. "Do you know how worried I was when I found out that you were not in your bed?"

"How did you know I wasn't in bed? What were you doing in my bedroom?" I blurted out. My lawyer instincts could never take a break it seems and now I was in even more trouble as Nathan got all the more angry at my question. He stalked towards me and I fought my urge to step back.

"Why, am I forbidden to go into your room?" He asked gravely.

"It just seems a bit odd," I told him, successfully throwing him off topic.

"Does it?" He asked. He was about to speak again when he suddenly blinked as if he realised something. "You changed the topic! Hah real smooth Anderson! Now tell me, why was your phone switched off? You go out roaming in a foreign city without informing anyone, what if something were to happen to you? How am I supposed to get in touch with you, how would I know where were you? And is this the time you go out? God that's so irresponsible! How..."