Chapter 3 ~Lie~

~Your PoV~

The next few days were the same as always, your father comes home late and is the first to leave the house in the morning. You barely see each other, but at least he is fine, and you were used to the whole thing already. But you were relieved, no one else seems to have noticed your lie.

However, 9th had not contacted you yet either. If she still doesn't get in touch in a few days, then it's very likely that she was killed.

A game of life and death, for the amusement of a god. If you don't want to die, you have to kill your rivals within 90 days. The winner gets one of mankind's greatest wishes fulfilled, but whoever fails dies.

"God of space and time...", you murmur to yourself. You still can't quite believe it. Until a while ago, you were just a normal student who spent her time writing a diary, and now that diary has become your most powerful weapon. The price was to become a god. You never volunteered for that. You didn't want any of this. You would rather remain an ordinary person than participate in such a game.

But you can't escape anymore. The survival game had long since begun, and there was no turning back. If you didn't want to die, you had to fight. The last event proved that.

Your school was completely destroyed and is closed until further notice. All students are now trying to be transferred to other schools in the area. Currently, you are still waiting for your assignment, but you were not surprised, after all, Sakurami City was in turmoil. First a serial killer and then an attack on a school.

You poke into your breakfast. Your appetite has subsided after that whole survival game. Even though you knew, it was important to keep your strength up to make it out alive.

You were jolted out of your thoughts when the doorbell rang. 

"I'm on my way," you shout in the direction of your father's room. He wanted to rest a bit more, so he hasn't gotten up yet.

As you open the door, Inspector Kurusu smiles at you. "(L/n) was the name, right?"

"Yes." you nod. Why was the inspector here now, of all people? After all, he was also a diary owner. Had he overheard you say that your father was 11th?

"Amano told me that he heard that your father also has a future diary," he explains, "I'd like to have a talk with him."

"He's not home, I'm afraid," you reply as you stand in the doorway, so the inspector can't get in, "But I can pass on a message to him if you like."

" Judging from your reaction, he told you everything about the future diaries, and also about the Survival Game that goes along with it."

Again you nod, "You're right about that, but why are you here?"

"I also have a future diary, the investigation diary. With it, I can foresee the development in my criminal cases. I am not interested in the throne of God, but I also cannot watch the diary owners kill each other. I want to stop this stupid survival game. To do that, I need as many diary owners on my side as possible. The Future Diary Alliance."

"I see..." you reply. You didn't know if you should join him and thus reveal your identity. A policeman was probably a better option as an ally than a terrorist, but still, you didn't know if you could trust him. After all, Minene had more or less saved you back then, so that might be more of a foundation of trust. However, she definitely wants to win the survival game.

"Are there other diary owners in this alliance, as well?" you finally ask him.

"Yes.", he answers, "1st, Amano Yukiteru and 2nd, Gasai Yuno."