the cape

Name: eliyen

Looks: braided hair with two antenna like strands of hair sticking straight up. white/black cape and long pants.

Eliyen Pov

T

oday is your first decade alive, and Today will be my first day with a cape. My brother and his friends already have their capes, so Today, I can finally get out of his constant teasing. I ran into my room as the bell tolled. 'It's finally time!', I thought. I felt the light power in me bubbling and boiling over, as I floated and light surrounded me. In a shine of light, I looked behind me to my mirror to see a pitch black cape, the stars weren't even visible. "Eliyen! Remember the feild trip? It happens in a few minute. Did you get your cape yet?", I heard my brother ask, outside my door. I panicked, turning my cape inside out, so it looked white. "Yeah, I'm coming!", I said, running downstairs.

I grabbed my umbrella and ran outside our tree house to where moko was. He had a bird mask with short straight hair. "Alright troopers, let's get moving. We stepped onto the elder manta, who flew us over to the golden wasteland.

"Alright, this is only half the conditions you will face in eden, now it's best to stay close to me and the group for safety.", moko said, I stopped paying attention to him, as I was drawn to a pathway, 'no one would notice if I went to check it out...' I thought. I sneakily made my way to the path. It led into a pipe, and I began to run to get their faster. I saw the end of the tunnel, which looked like a sunken ship. "A sunken ship is a sign to be wary", I whispered what I remember moko saying. I turned my cape back to where the black side showed. I flapped and a large gust of wind propelled me forward. I landed on an island which had a large rectangular rock. I climbed up the rock to get out of the reach of the crabs. Suddenly a droning sound made its way to my ears. I looked up to see that a krill had approached me, it's light, circling around my location before spotting me. I winced and closes my eyes, waiting for it to hit me. It only stared at me. I opened my eyes to see a darker blue light. The kril squirmed its way to me and scooped me up. I sat between it's horns, my heart was racing. I knew it should have hit me, it should have killed me, but it just coddled me. "Uh-uhm, it's nice up here and all, but I-i have to go back to moko, the others will get suspicious if I'm not there at the end.", I said. The krill changed course and let me climb off and the exit. "Thank you, uhm, what should I name you, hmm... albyn, how about that?", I asked, it made the cutest grumbling sound. "I'll, Take that as a yes. Thank you albyn, and goodbye!", I said.

I snuck through the exit, flipping my cape back over to were it was white. I saw the group, still led by moko. I snuck to the back of the group.

As we walked to tsadi's shrine, moko asked us questions. "What's the first thing to do if a krill spots you?", "run", getha answered. "Wrong, if you run the light will track you, a even if you get far away, they will charge and hit you. Anyone else?", "You have to hide and wait for it to pass." Thond said, "Correct! Now, how do you knock out a Crab?", moko asked. I continued to not listen to the question, as we approached the shrine. Tsadi appeared in pieces of light before our eyes. We bowed to him, as he and moko spoke about our trip.

I faceplanted on my bed, it was a long day. I turned to see my action figures depicted alef defeating the darkness. I grabbed my krill action figure and looked it in the eye. And at that moment, I formulated a plan to arrive at the shipwreck zone tomorrow. I have to see albyn again.