Chapter 51

Pallavi's nervousness overcame her, she decided it was best just to test Raghav, she got up quickly and walked to the vanity, tying up her hair, "It's been a long day, should we go to sleep...?"

"What, I—oh." Raghav's face fell. What should he do now, he didn't want something artificial tonight.

Pallavi noticed his expression in the mirror, and turned around, "what, did you have something else planned?"

Raghav looked at her, he had never been this nervous in front of a woman in his life, what hold did this woman have over her?

Then he noticed Pallavi's grin, and he realized she was messing with him. He walked over to her and grabbed both her wrists, "mujhse panga lena ka galthi math karo."

Pallavi smiled, and her hands moved to Raghav's chest, "Agar main yeh galthi kar bhi diya, toh kya?"

Raghav grinned, and kissed her cheek, whispering in her ear, "are you sure you want to find out?"

Pallavi's pulse started beating faster, the goosebumps on her arms, "kyun, tumhe lagta hai main dar jaayegi?"

"Nahin, but you might be very surprised," Raghav smiled.

Pallavi turned around and started to get a change of clothes out of the cabinet, but Raghav pulled her by her wrist closer to her. He was standing behind her, moving her hair to the side.

Raghav could feel his heart beating faster, he kissed her neck. His hands moving down Pallavi's arms, finding her waist.

Pallavi smiled, and in a breathy whisper, "Raghav..." She turned around to look into his eyes.

Raghav pulled her closer and kissed her cheek again, he sensed her nervousness though.

"Are you okay, do you want to stop?" Raghav asked, letting go of her waist and taking a step back.

"No" Pallavi smiled, took a step forward and got up on her toes and kissed his lips.

It was electric, Pallavi felt like the earth was shaking beneath her feet.

Pallavi's lips were soft and Raghav felt emboldened by the scent of the flowers in her hair.

He pulled her close and kissed her deeper, his hands moving from Pallavi's waist up to her neck and face.

Pallavi pulled away for a second, blushed and looked down after meeting Raghav's eyes, and started to walk backwards to the bed, her hands in Raghav's.

Raghav followed her, enchanted by her boldness and his mind empty of all thoughts except those of his wife.

As they met in bed, Pallavi realized she had never felt safer than she did in Raghav's arms. Raghav could feel every worry, every drop of anger in his life disappearing with every kiss, every embrace, every glance.