Chapter 2

They sat in the hospital for hours, Raghav pacing, not looking at Pallavi, while she comforted Keerthi. Eventually the doctor came out, and said to Pallavi "You can come in now, your Amma is perfectly fine."

"She is not HER Amma" Raghav yells, and runs inside the hospital room. Keerthi shakes her head, and runs in after him. Amma, weak but obviously conscious and looking much better, smiles. She's happy to see her daughter...and even her son, but then her eyes search for Pallavi. The doctor said 'your daughter donated blood', but Keerthi doesn't have her blood type, so he must have been talking about Pallavi. Pallavi walks in the room slowly, hanging back at the doorway as Raghav and keerthi fling questions at Amma. Amma says, "Pallavi, beta, why are you standing back there, come here so I can thank you properly." Pallavi walks in and says "in family there are no thank you's...Amma" she says, not looking at Raghav. Amma, about to say thank you to Pallavi again for donating blood, before Pallavi stops her abruptly and says "Ok I think we should let you rest, right, doctor?"

"Yes, visiting hours are basically over, but I think one person can stay with her tonight, we can discharge her tomorrow."

Raghav immediately says, "I'm not leaving her."

Amma smiles, but also grimaces a little, "No, Keerthi can stay with me, Pallavi, Raghav you two go home, I'm fine."

Pallavi is hesitant, she doesn't want to spend any time with Raghav, let alone in his godforsaken car, "No Amma, I'll just go close up the shop and come home later"

Keerthi says "Oh my god Pallavi I'm so sorry I was supposed to help-"

Pallavy says "Are you crazy, I'm not going back to do work, I just will close the store and go straight back and start making all that delicious food that will make Amma come back to 100%. Also, Amma, no arguments this time, from wither you or Keerthi, after you're discharged, I expect you two to move into...Raghav's house." She was about to say "my house," but luckily she stopped herself.

Amma interjected, "but-"

Pallavy jumped in "no buts, I don't care."

She walked out after giving Amma and Keerthi a firm hug.

Raghav was taken aback, did Pallavi just manage to accomplish something he had been trying to do for nearly a decade?