This is war

He was ready.
Daryl sat at the edge of his bed staring out the prison bars covering his window.
The air felt thick with the anticipation of the war he knew was about to begin.
Daryl never liked fighting.
He could still remember when he was a kid and Merle would knock him out for wearing his hunting boots. He never fought back.
Merle.
Not a day went by that he didn't think of his brother. Something had gone down a while back and Daryl hadn't seen his brother in a year.
Sometimes late at night after everyone went to sleep he would sneak out and search the area for him. He'd always promised himself he would find his brother , deep down he knew Merle probably didn't make it through the apocalypse , not all on his own.
Daryl closed his eyes and tried to fight the upward curve of his lip. who know maybe Daryl would be joining Merle up there or more likely down there, sooner than later.
He's never minded death. He welcomed it.
Who wanted to live in this shit hole of a world anymore.
Well that was before.
He had something to live for now. Something to protect , watch out for.
Something with long blonde hair and the bluest eyes he had ever seen.
Maybe she didn't need him, hell Beth didn't need anyone but he liked to believe she wanted him there, fighting by her side , helping each other through this dark world.
Suddenly a knock came from the door behind him.
Rick stood tall strapping his rifle around his neck.
"You ready brother?"
Daryl closed his eyes tight one last time taking a deep breath he nodded and stood beside Rick.
"Let's do this."
The group of them Rick, Daryl , Tyreese, Shane, Glenn,Bob, Michonne, Carl,Hershel ,Maggie ,Dale , Zack and T dog . The rest had stayed back at the prison . all walked in silence.
When the camp was in site Rick stopped abruptly turning to the group placing both of his arms out stopping them from going further.
"No one knows what is going to happen today, all we know is that this is not a safe mission. this is dangerous." Rick started. "But I need you all to know that I could not be more proud to have gone through this insane journey with all of you. You are brave honest and amazing people. And I love y'all more than you know thank you guys."
Everyone teared up even Daryl who quickly looked away continuing on.
Where was Beth? She said she would be here.
Beth wasn't one to chicken out.
Suddenly the gates opened and everyone turned towards the sound.
Out walked an older man with an eyepatch followed by an equal amount of people behind him as Rick. They were armed with weapons as well.
Rick looked to the man stepping towards him.
"We don't have to do this. We can live peacefully, we can be allies. It doesn't have to end like this."
The governor laughed
"You think you have any say in how this ends? You're little group. Is nothing I'm doing you all a favor by extinguishing you."
Daryl watched as Rick got angry.
He also noticed the shouting had drawn quite a few walkers from a distance.
Rick continued "you don't know anything about my group."
The governor looked to the blond woman called Andrea and shook his head smiling,
"I don't care about you're group to be honest, at least in my camp we have respected people. Look at you, a county sherif right? And a redneck?" he nodded towards Daryl who tightened his grip on his bow. "And of course the pregnant whore."
That was it.
That sent Rick lunging towards the man declaring an all out war between the two groups as the ran towards each other.
Adding the group of eighty walkers into the situation didn't make it any better.
Daryl dodged walkers shooting arrows and pushing someone around his age off a struggling carl. When he reached to help carl up he turned to find he was bein closed in by walkers he reached for his knife when he noticed a taller man using it to block off the walkers.
He must have dropped it.
He pushed his way back reaching for arrows.
Before he knew it all six walkers had dropped to the ground each brandishing a knife to the temple.
He looked around but no one seemed to be paying him any mind, until he heard the soft whistle and looked into the tree above him.
Beth was perched within the branches holding her knifes and smiling. She ha thrown each knife perfectly into there skulls. It was amazing to watch her work with the knives.
He smiled wide as she hopped down and pulled the knifes out of the walker skulls before smiling at him once more and running off to help the others.
He watched her run in a Daze before he heard Zack scream and looked in just enough time to watch a walker sink his teeth into the poor kids leg.
He finally looked up and noticed the blood bath.
The governor stood right in the center staring down the blue eyed blonde who was returning the same intensity and hatred.
What was going on?