Band Rehearsal

The rest of the week went by pretty fast. Audree and I didn't really speak much since that night. Friday was finally here.. yay for the weekend!

Audree, Julianna and I met up with Mikey at his locker. Turns out the guy that Julianna liked was one of Mikey’s friend, Ray was his name I think.

"Well let’s get going you guys!! It’s time to practiceeeee!!” Frank jumped up and down as he dragged us all. Audree went in the car with Mikey, Gerard, and Bob.

I went in the car with Ray, Frank, & Julianna. She went in the back with me because Frank called shot gun and ran to the passenger seat and stuck his tongue out at Julianna. We just laughed. He was like a 5 year old sometimes.

Their mom appeared at the door just as we got to their house & greeted us all.

"Brie wait up.." Audree grabbed me by the arm before going inside. "I'm sorry about the other night. I shouldn't have said what I said. I'm just really hurt and mad at him." She looked down and I just hugged her.

"It's ok sis. I'm still hurting too. It's not easy having to go through what we went through." I smiled at her and walked up to the house.

“So nice to see you again Audree!” she said as she hugged her.

"Hey Mrs. Way--” she interrupted her.

"I told you to call me Donna, remember sweetie don’t be shy.” she gave her a warm smile before turing to me.

“Ok Donna, this is my older sister, Briella. Briella this is Donna. Mikey’s and Gerard’s mom.” she smiled warmly at me.

"Hello nice to meet you sweetie! Call me Donna ok.” I smiled at her and nodded. “If you guys need anything just give me a shout! I’ll be in the kitchen making dinner!"

We all said ok and the guys led the way through the kitchen to the garage where they had all their instruments set up. They all began to play a song that they called, “Early Sunsets Over Monroeville”.

Late dawns and early sunsets, just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect, just like up on the screen
and the whole time while always giving
Counting your face among the living
Up and down escalators, pennies and colder fountains
Elevators and half price sales, trapped in by all these mountains
Running away and hiding with you
I never thought they'd get me here
Not knowing you'd change from just one bite
I fought them all off just to hold you close and tight
But does anyone notice?
But does anyone care?
and if I had the guts to put this to your head...
But would anything matter if you're already dead?
And well should I be shocked now by the last thing you said?
Before I pull this trigger,
Your eyes vacant and stained..."

 We cheered at them once they finished the song.. which was amazing!

“You guys were amazing!" I jumped and gave them each a hug but when it came to Gerard I don’t know, I just sort of blushed.. lucky me Frank noticed and said something only he would say.