Chapter 1

Kaoruki

                 "Kaoruki, time for breakfast!" I ran down the wooden stairs hoping to get some bread before it was gone. I tripped and rolled down the stairs. I reached the bottom and jumped back on my feet

"I'm okay!" I shouted embarrassed. I stumbled into the kitchen. I saw a final slice of bread on the table. I begun reached for it till Chance grabbed it stuffing it into his mouth.

"Hey, that's mine!" I yelled to him. He replied by sticking out his tongue and running out of the kitchen. I grabbed an apple and bit into it.

"Hey, Kaoruki aren't you in a rush today?" Said Zea.

"Yeah, gotta clean today and do some small tasks around town." I said.

"You don't have to do this?" She replied, getting some milk.

"We need the money and you need to rest I'll watch the place today. Go sleep Zea." I said.

"Are you sure you're up for it?" She asked, I nodded. "Okay only for a little bit. And Kaoruki I saved you a slice of bread." She handed it to me. I felt like I was gonna die.

"Thanks Zea!" I hugged her tight. "Go get some rest." She agreed and begun to walk up the stairs to her room. The kids ran around the house.

"Okay, guys time for school." They all started heading out the door. I counted the 32 kids like always and we headed to the school. I walked them to school and then I started to come back. I was about to reach my bread to my lips as I saw a boy staring at it. He looks hungry. I sighed and handed it to him.

"Here ya go." He smiled and said "Thank you." I smiled and continued to walk to my first job of the day. Things were usually pretty normal. Wake up, eat, work, come home, sleep. I never knew how much it would change?