Chapter 19

Whilst Daich and Asahi went to collect Yamaguchi, Suga pulled Hinata to one side. "Hinata, can you help me with something really important?" "Of course Suga san, what do you need", the small first year replied. Suga explained everything that had happened and asked if Hinata would help him look out for Yamaguchi which he agreed to do wholeheartedly.

Suga gathered the rest of the team together, " I just wanted to let you all know that Yamaguchi had a slight accident which left him bloodied and unconscious" Tsuki interrupted, "is he ok? Where is he". Suga continued, "he will be sleeping next to me so that I can watch over him in case he has a concussion. Also please don't bother him or ask him what happened as he is a little sensitive at the moment. Just be there for him as his friends". "Ok Suga", they all replied.

Tsuki went over to Suga once everyone got back to their beds. "It's because of me, isn't it? the bespectacled boy asked sadly. "Honestly Tsuki, I don't know but if something has happened between you both it may be better if you give him some space." "I didn't mean to upset him Suga he's my best friend but I can't help it if I don't feel the same way as him". Suga could tell that he was upset, "it's OK, you haven't done anything wrong. Just leave him to me, Hinata and the girls for the next few days, OK?" "Ok" he replied and went back to his futon.

Most of the team had drifted off to sleep by the time that the 3 boys got back so Daichi and Asahi put Yamaguchi on the futon in between Suga and Hinata who took it in turns to keep checking on him during the night.

The following morning the team all went to warm up as they had a practice match with Johzenji. Yamaguchi was lying outside the gym on the grass looking at the blue sky when a figure stood above him. He couldn't see their face as the sun was shining so brightly behind them. The pinch server sat up slowly just as the person standing knelt down and they ended up bumping foreheads.

"Ow, Yamaguchi whispered. "I don't know what it is about you, but we seem to keep bumping into each other", the other boy laughed. Yamaguchi just looked shyly at the other boy but no words would come out. "I'm really sorry", the other boy said looking a little disappointed", you don't remember me do you" he stood and was just about to walk away when Yams replied, "wait, I do remember, you helped me get to my managers room yesterday. You're Terushima san."

The blonde looked at him and thought, 'how didn't I notice last night how breathtakingly beautiful you are', he blushed hoping that the younger boy hadn't noticed. "Please call me Teru or Yuji" He held his hand out to help Yamaguchi up, "what can I call you". The green haired boy replied "everyone calls me Yams". "Ok Yams I believe we have a match now but would you consider going for ice cream with me later"? Yamaguchi thought about it and decided that he'd go with him. "I'd like that Teru" and they walked indoors together.

Hinata looked at Kageyama and Tsukishima and asked, " who's the guy that just walked in with Yamaguchi?" "Kiyoko overheard them and replied," that's Terushima Yuji, he's the Captain of Johzenji and the guy who carried him to my room after he was i...

Hinata looked at Kageyama and Tsukishima and asked, " who's the guy that just walked in with Yamaguchi?" "Kiyoko overheard them and replied," that's Terushima Yuji, he's the Captain of Johzenji and the guy who carried him to my room after he was injured" "Oh OK," Hinata replied. Kiyoko looked at Tsuki hoping to find out if he had feelings for Yams when she overheard ( he better not upset Yams, he's still my best friend even though he hates me at the moment) so Tsuki was telling the truth he doesn't have romantic feelings for his friend.

The game started and Kiyoko noticed that Teru kept glancing at Yams and smiling and then she heard it ( God you're so cute and you don't even know it. Those freckles are the most adorable things I've ever seen. Who in their right mind would make you cry).

Thanks to Yams unknowingly distracting the Johzenji Captain Karasuno won 2-0. Although the losing team didn't seem down at all with the fact that they lost miserably, they were the party high school and just played their matches for fun. Teru found Yams and they walked off site to go get ice cream.

The boys sat chatting and laughing and both felt a little sad when they were returning to the site however they decided to lay on the grass again and look at the stars.

After a short while Teru sat up slightly and turned to look at the cute boy, "I'm so glad that you bumped into me yesterday", he said smiling. "Me too", Yams replied. "Can I kiss you?" the Johzenji captain asked. Yamaguchi turned a bright red colour but responded, "Yes". The older boy bent down and kissed the pinch server gently. Yamaguchi kissed back and he felt butterflies in his stomach as he gasped softly.

After a few seconds they pulled away, both boys a little out of breath. Teru smiled at the younger boy and whispered, " do you know just how beautiful you are?" Yams answered shyly, "no I'm not, my freckles make me ugly". "Your freckles are adorable, your also one of the cutest guys I've ever seen. Will you go out with me again, Freckles?"

Yamaguchi blushed at the nickname but replied, "yes Yuji, I would love to".